Nizo 6080 service manual

Daniel Klockenkemper

Greetings.

I was wondering if anyone has a copy of the service manual for the Nizo 4080 or 6080. I've acquired one recently, and all the functions check out, but it's a bit squeaky.

I was hoping someone could advise me on a couple points: Firstly, what are the lubrication spots inside the camera, and secondly, what is the recommended lubricant? (The kit came with a small tube labeled "Vaseline, z. techn. Gebrauch" - for technical application - but I'm wary of gumming things up unnecessarily.)

Thanks in advance!

Greetings.

I was wondering if anyone has a copy of the service manual for the Nizo 4080 or 6080. I've acquired one recently, and all the functions check out, but it's a bit squeaky.

I was hoping someone could advise me on a couple points: Firstly, what are the lubrication spots inside the camera, and secondly, what is the recommended lubricant? (The kit came with a small tube labeled "Vaseline, z. techn. Gebrauch" - for technical application - but I'm wary of gumming things up unnecessarily.)

Thanks in advance!

The vaseline is for the glasspane with the compendium. Not for the interior of the camera.

These Nizos are maintenance free. There is no place for lubricating anything.

The squeeking comes from the micro drive belts. Don't play around with these. If you break them you are fcuked. :)

Finding replacements and getting them in place will be very difficult.

The only thing I could imagine is to rinse the belts insutu using natural soap. But you need to keep and make the camera dry before you put in batteries!

Greetings.

Thanks in advance!

Hi there

Having a sort out I have just come across 2 manuals for the 6080! I had 2 of them back in the day (80's)

Let me know if you are interested

Robert

Greetings.

Thanks in advance!

contact Duall Camera in NYC, they know all things Nizo. In response to another posters comment of Nizos being maintenance free, they are not. You should have them CLA, cleaned, lubed and adjusted once a year.

contact Duall Camera in NYC, they know all things Nizo. In response to another posters comment of Nizos being maintenance free, they are not. You should have them CLA, cleaned, lubed and adjusted once a year.

Even once per year. Complete nonsense.

Do really think people would bring in their camera every year?

Nobody buys a consumercamera of equivalent Euro 2000 and then still be required

to spend a 400-500 on a yearly lube-job.

The maintenace guys who laugh their balls off!

The would 1000-s of employees just to handle the cameras coming in and going out.

Do you have an idea how many of these there were manufactured?

Nizos were designed to be maintenance free. An that is it.

The only things that fail are electronics, glued parts or rubber drive belts on the thousand series. Never the gears.

Is anybody lubing the electronics?

Edited by Andries Molenaar

Thanks everyone for the replies.

The person from whom I bought the camera said it was overhauled about 3 years ago and then left untouched in a closet. I have no reason to doubt his claim. The camera is very clean, and all the functions work properly. The squeaking would correspond to the lubricants drying up, which tends to happen to cameras after a few years sitting in a closet.

Regarding maintenance, I think the truth is somewhere between Andries' claims and the rest. Mechanical devices are either designed to be maintained, or they are disposable. The Nizo is certainly not the latter, but it's not a British motorcycle either. Like anything else, the frequency of maintenance would depend upon how often it's used. I can only hope to use it enough that it needs a CLA once a year. :)

Some of us are quite capable of doing such maintenance ourselves; I'm simply unfamiliar with this camera, which is why I inquired about the service manual.

Robert, I'll be sending you a message soon.

Edited by Daniel Klockenkemper