in need of old anamorphic lens for a shoot in the philippines

mark santos

hello all, i am mark santos from the Philippines. we have an upcoming shoot and the client requires an old anamorphic lens set.. sadly, it 's not available here in our country.

i was hoping i could find some in the region, rent it for the duration of the shoot.

anyone who has anamorphic lens set in the rehion, please leave me a message.

thanks!

Hey Mark,

Maybe you can rent it from one of the rental houses here in India. Try southern Indian cities like Chennai or Hyderabad. Would be a bit cheaper there as compared to Mumbai. The scope lens set locally costs about INR 2000/day.

hello all, i am mark santos from the Philippines. we have an upcoming shoot and the client requires an old anamorphic lens set.. sadly, it 's not available here in our country.

i was hoping i could find some in the region, rent it for the duration of the shoot.

anyone who has anamorphic lens set in the rehion, please leave me a message.

thanks!

• 1 month later...

even though i am posting you too late, getting anamorphic lenses from India or any other country other than yours has having two issues.

1) getting a anamorphic lens on rent

2) logistically transporting to your country from source country.

so find any film agency in your country which can source from other country's rental houses, deal logistical(delivery) issues and can guarantee the return of lenses and service on prompt manner.

ask if any agency doing that, for the rental costs involved for needed shooting days and shipping time of 2 ways. and compare the costs with 2nd hand anamorphic lenses if purchased outright from any 2nd hand lens vendor from reliable websites. if outright purchase cost is less than rentals. purchase it. if rental is less, take it on rent.

ok

nageswara rao surapaneni

hyderabad, India. Asia.

• 5 years later...

Hey Mark,

Maybe you can rent it from one of the rental houses here in India. Try southern Indian cities like Chennai or Hyderabad. Would be a bit cheaper there as compared to Mumbai. The scope lens set locally costs about INR 2000/day.

Hi Arun, Can you please pass on the information, where I could rent old Anamorphic lenses in Mumbai! By any chance is it possible to buy them for a lower price? Thanks,

manjeet