ARRI L-Series LED Fresnels

Tim Tyler

• Premium Member

There are 83 LED emitters in each one, of three different types. Each emitter is about 2.2W worth, which is sane for currently-available types, and apparently they run them a little under maximum. To correct my earlier post on the same topic, the calibration is done at the factory and can be done again in the field, taking about an hour to heat-soak the chassis so that both hot and cold condition calibration can take place. They state that the efficiency is over 90%, whatever that means, so I assume that the power factor is similarly high.

P

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Can do the color control and dimmable.. what else? i want one!

what was the max output again?

In the market when?

The photometrics put the L7T version's output somewhere between the tungsten 300w and the 650w fresnels.

A show I work on is awaiting delivery of some of the daylight versions. I'm looking forward to seeing how they perform.

• Premium Member

Dagnammit, even Arri are overstating the output! They told me they were equivalent to 1Ks!

Is it possible for anyone, anywhere, ever, to sell an LED lighting product without claiming it has twice the output it really does?

P

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Their promo material constantly mentions 1K fresnels as comparison, but their own photometric calculator says different.

EDIT: I originally compared output at full flood. At full spot, the L7T slightly outperforms the Tungsten 650w

Can we assume these led lights output a lot less heat? If so, then that would pretty much make them automatically much more energy efficient, no?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's true, you can even touch the lens after 1h of full output. If I remember correctly, it consumes only 1/4-1/5 of the energy (compared to a 1k fresnel).

They also output less light than a 1k fresnel. A 650w would be a fairer comparison.