cinevia double super8

Roberto Pirodda

My first shot with this filmstock. Cut 10mt from a 30mt reel to test film/camera(Bolex Ds8). Home processed/telecined. May be some mistakes in processing/exposure, but the weird thing are the perforations:look at the left side...

Could someone understand what it may be happened ? I don't think it is a processing issue (Lomo spiral tank).

Regards

Rob

http://vimeo.com/29827255

• Premium Member

but the weird thing are the perforations:look at the left side...

http://vimeo.com/29827255

They almost look "not straight"

The part of the perforation that shows sticks into the frame more at the lower edge thean the upper edge, and the cut is not clean.

I wonder if whoever perforated this was using worn equipment? are the Perfs further from the edge on the outside of the film? (that say Kodak super 8) Are the perfs the same distance on both sides of the film once slit?

Hi Robert, Just wondering about your experience ordering film with Cinevia. I tried to email them, to gage how well they handle them selves, and never got a response. Was your order recent? I also have a Bolex DS8, and would love to try this stock. Cheers!

• Premium Member

Todd, my experiance with cinevia was good customer service. Sadly though the film did not transport at all well in my Bolex DS8, the images were so jumpy both my 100ft loads ended up in the bin, at times the camera was almost jamming up! yet kodak 100d tranports with no problems at all. My batch was purchased around feb/march this year.

Hi Robert, Just wondering about your experience ordering film with Cinevia. I tried to email them, to gage how well they handle them selves, and never got a response. Was your order recent? I also have a Bolex DS8, and would love to try this stock. Cheers!

Hi Todd

the purchase of cinevia is 2001. It was no problem. They shipped promptly.

Andy, my bolex had trasportation issue too, it is the spring of pressure plate. To me It must be replaced with a softer spring (by my test). As you can see in this clip (aside the perforation issue) the steadiness seems to be good. For sure Jean Luis Seguin can help you.

Regards