Sierpinski triangles and mocap suits

• Premium Member

Chris, I tried to work it out, but my brain just got thor. :blink:

Fractal mapping software? Scale irrelevant patterns to overcome distortion? Cool suits for the extras?

What do you reckon?

Scale irrelevant patterns to overcome distortion?

Cool suits for the extras?

yeh, good thinking for both those points ...

Not sure about distortion, but maybe a hit of recognising that pattern infers a relatively parallel surface with respect to the focal plane ? and that could tie in with the dots in those areas ? With enough resolution maybe you could make each dot have its own ID tag huh - but does it need it? Maybe the algorithms are fine without that....

I just don't know enough about it (yet) - I'd like to sit in on a session and see how much input the human operating the software has to make a good um, solve ? (do they call them solves ?)

• Premium Member

I suspect it's not about tracking gross movement, if it's about tracking at all. In that situation you'd want a non-repeating pattern, and I've seen things that look like rather high-contrast military camouflage used for that.That, or it's just some fabric they could get that was somewhat trackable. It's possible to read too much into these things sometimes.

P

Agree,

...but sometimes I've made discoveries by misinterpreting something as being more complex than intended by the original and otherwise ignorant 'developer'.

As if the idea popped up out of nowhere.

I've learned that taking credit isn't always the best action plan in these cases - heh heh