Super 8 Processing

Pavan Deep

Waaaaay too much text and not enough pictures/graphs/photo examples, etc. You need to include that sort of thing to break up the paragraphs and give the eye something to look at. Time is so difficult to come by these days. Make it worthwhile for people to give it to your site.

Are they based in London?????

Anyone here have any experience with them?

How exactly are they processing film? from the gist of the text on the website it sounds like they've built some kind of machine themselves.

Anyhoo,If someone where to start processing color reversal film in town I'd be so very very happy!

This is a new initative, it's all about making it easier to use Super 8, I am based in Birmingham. We have developed from a film group that ran Super 8 film workshops until recently. The group originally started in 1996, as one of the founders I have decided to continue with the groups work with Super 8. I have used Super 8 professionally since the early 1990's. I am a lecturer in film technology and have been a producer and script editor working in corporate film for many years as well as working with BBC drama. I use Super 8 regularly in my corporate videos, in addition I have made many shorts on Super 8.

At the group we processed films with a Bray E6 machine for sometime, but never offered this as a service, we only processed films from our own workshops. All the material from the current website [which is my personal site and was originally set up for my corporate and my script editing work] will be moved soon to a new site. I have started processing films with my custom made rack which I use in a new Jobo ATL1500 processor. I am not offering a processing service yet, though I intend to, first I need to be satisfied that everything works well and sort out a proper workflow, I also want to get samples of my processed and scanned films online, but I am scanning films.

Thanks

P

Hi Pav, nice to see effort going into processing information. As the film world shrinks and things keep adjusting, I think there will be a few more smaller processing labs once many of the large ones shut down. Did you like using the BRAY machine? The website states it can process film as small as 8mm, so have often wondered if it would be any good for doing Super 8mm film.

The Bray E6 is a great machine, it can handle 8mm, but it needs alot of film, my experiences with it weren't great as the machine kept breaking down, we wanted something more portable that could handle small volumes. The Jobo ATL is ideal for small volumes and larger volumes.

P

• 4 weeks later...