True Blood

I couldn't find a thread about this show so I thought I'd start one.

I don't watch much TV and I'm not teenage vampire lover but I've quite gotten into it recently. The story is often funny and intriguing and

it's good light entertainment.

There's a fair bit of technical detail here from the cinematographer for the first season

http://www.trueblood-online.com/behind-the-scenes/cutting-edge-camerawork-on-true-blood/

I like the way the show looks but it's maybe a bit too uniform and soft. I had assumed it was digital before reading the link above, because

it has a modern slick, clean look. I guess the way it's lit and shot then posted has more effect than the capture medium at this point.

I find it funny how all the women seem to be perfectly backlit wherever they happen to be in a forest! A lot of scenes are quite low key lit

but with very nice catchlights.

What do you all think?

• Premium Member

On a related note, and at risk of derailing the thread, due to some late-night rendering sessions I've been subjecting myself to an unconscionable amount of something called The Vampire Diaries. Wow, there really is an almost inexhaustible amount of this stuff, isn't there?

I can't imagine why I find it so strangely difficult to dismiss:

vampire-diaries-premiere-02.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The way the character Tara's skin looks in almost every scene is really notable.

tara-thornton-season-3-1024.jpg

I guess it's a combination of makeup lighting etc. and how she actually looks.

I was watching it on Blu-ray recently and the character Tara's skin looks almost too good, flawless.