Does the Nizo 6056 have a separate battery for light meter?

Matt Stevens

A friend has a never used Nizo 6056. He snagged new batteries and it urns perfectly, but the auto-light meter fails to function. Manual works fine.

Does that model have a separate small battery for the light meter?

He purchased it new back in the 80's and it was never used, always stored in a box in his closet.

How do you think the rubber belt will handle 20+ years of non-use? Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

No, it doesn't require a separate battery for the light meter.

It's been years since I've fixed one but I can tell you that light meter problems are the Achilles heel of the sound Nizo cameras.

You're lucky, if you can still use manual. Most of the time, when the meter circuit fails, the diaphragm stays permanently open at f/1.4 with no way to change it.

Sorry but I don't remember anything about the rubber belt causing problems.

Cheers,

Jean-Louis

Edited by Jean-Louis Seguin

Bauer-Nizo camera technician since 1974 :

Technicien caméras Bauer-Nizo depuis 1974

« Alors si vous votre caméra à besoin d'entretien, si vous avez besoin d'un accessoire, d'une lampe, d'un film ou d'une pièce que vous ne voyez pas ici ou si vous avez besoin d'une information n'hésitez pas à me contacter.

(So if you need a camera review, if you need an accessory, a lamp, a movie or a spare part that you do not see here or if you need information, feel free to contact me).

André ÉGIDO »

A friend has a never used Nizo 6056. He snagged new batteries and it urns perfectly, but the auto-light meter fails to function. Manual works fine.

Does that model have a separate small battery for the light meter?

He purchased it new back in the 80's and it was never used, always stored in a box in his closet.

How do you think the rubber belt will handle 20+ years of non-use? Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

It doesn't need a dedicated battery for the lightmeter.

The rubber belts are the weak point of these Nizo series. If they are good you are lucky and ought to give them a spin every month. If a camera has been in a resthouse for 20 years nobody should be surprised they are broken, have become brittle or stretched and cause a high pitch sound when they slip.

Edited by Andries Molenaar