Lens for canon 1014 autozoom

Guillaume Araujo Tissier

Hi guys!

I have at home a Canon 1014 Autozoom. I have been looking in a lot of places to find some answers but haven´t maybe u could help me.

Ok so I am looking for a wide lens for my machine but don't know which would suit. I have looked the notice and it looks like Canon only made close up lenses for this camera.

So I wonder If I get into a shop to buy a wide lens for my camera what do I ask?

The thread has to be 58mm obviously but would any lens do? I am afraid of the conflicts there could be between the two lenses once in place.

Now since we are talking about this I wonder also for close up lenses because you have to be super lucky to find a 450 or 420 c-8.

Overall my question is : Could U give my names of lenses (wide and close up) that would fit and work perfectly on a canon 1014 Autozoom.

Thanks a lot!

• 4 weeks later...

Be careful, here: the C-8 Wide attachment is a later development of Canon's and was meant for use with the cameras 814/1014 XL-S (their last generation the latter one having a 67 mm lens diameter), while the Autozoom is from the previous generation. Moreover these converters usually work in the "Macro" field of the zoom (all the way to wideangle and possibly over by means of some lever/button to be activated prior to mounting such a converter). I am not sure whether the Autozoom has macro capabilities in the wide angle end of its zoom - if not, using such a converter might be very hard or next to impossible.

IF the autozoom has such a capabiity, then you might screw in the Schneider UWL II which fits your lens perfectly (diameter wise); it's less rare than the C-8 from Canon (also less resistant and less corrected) but it should fit your requirements in most circumstances...

I believe that any wide-angle attachment will suffice as long as it has a large enough rear element to avoid vignetting. There are usually plenty on ebay, but the problem is you may not be able to send it back.

Of course it must fit physically. But I know from experience not all add-on lenses just work. They must fit optically too.

I.e. don't buy a Schneider UWL III and expect it to work on all cameras. It will not work on a Nikon R10