Super 8 100D at 1080P

Anthony Schilling

Last year I filmed the natural colors of Spring here in Portland, OR. I put together this short for today the first day of spring. Most of it was filmed on S8 100D, with a little V3 200T. I has the transfer done at Lightpress (formerly Flying Spot) in Seattle. Got a 10bit uncompressed QT transfer and delivered to a hard drive. It's my first HD pro telecine and I have to say that I'm quite pleased with the results. Please watch and leave some feedback!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZDgqCzny7XM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Natural color ? It seems to me that the colors shown in this video are outrageously saturated and unnatural.

Yes, I filmed existing color occuring in nature. 100D exaggerates color saturation which was the whole point... sorry you missed it.

Edited by Anthony Schilling

• 2 weeks later...

That was wonderful! I personally think that the 1080P transfers now available and the digital editing software we have, like Final Cut X, are the best things that could happen to the format. That footage looks beautiful! I can't wait to pull out my 814 and start making some films this summer!