Fuji Eterna 250D vs Fuji Eterna 250 T

• Premium Member

They are more or less the same stock except that the tungsten version has a faster (i.e. grainier) blue layer to compensate for the lower amount of blue in 3200k light. So the daylight version probably has less grain and better sharpness in blues. In theory.

I just shot a ton of Fuji stock. The 250D is a great stock for many different situations. The tungsten stock with an 85 looks very similar to it. Uncorrected, the tungsten stock looks pretty cool. With mild correction it gives you a very unsaturated yet warm look that is quite nice. The 250D in daylight is much more saturated and very forgiving in the highlights. Rather good grain when over exposed. It can get a bit grainy when underexposed. The Vivid 250D is a beautiful stock as well. It has deeper blacks than the eterna stocks, so it looks a bit sharper. The skin tones with the vivid 250D are great, healthy yet not over done. Both the eterna 250D and the Vivid 250D do extremely well with daylight/mixed light interiors. We shot a scene with huge windows, fluorescent banks over head and tungsten lights on the walls. The overheads were about 3000k and very green, the wall sconces were about 2600k and the windows were full on bright sunlight. I supplemented that with a daylight Kino-flo. The Eterna 250D nailed it, everything looked great. Skin tones were dead on.

in the wide shots you see the grain a bit more, but I was very impressed with the 400T. It was the most natural looking stock I have seen. Quite sharp in the close ups. Great skin tones. Loads of shadow detail. I highly recommend it. Test first though.

• 10 months later...

funny almost a year later the same two people continue the discussion. In answer to your question, no it is not too grainy to blow up. Over expose it a full stop if you want. skin tones are great, smooth and soft, warm. With modern glass, it looks quite chic. With older lenses it looks very analogue. Snatch it up while you can.

Edited by Chris Burke