Material for DIY processing machine

HI all guys,

I'm planning to build my processing machine to develop a full roll 122ft of 16mm film.

I know that stainless is a very good material and I would use it for the wall bath of the processor but I need to know if the Anticorodal 6082 alloy it's a good choie for the cylinder and all the other parts in contact with film and photo chemicals.

Here the material datasheet:

http://www.aircraftmaterialsuk.com/data/aluminium/6082.html

Any help?

Others options?

Thanks

Giorgio

Edited by Giorgio Taricco

Do not use any type of aluminium alloy for photographic chemicals, use PVC or stainless steel (Type 316) only. Kodak has manuals on machine construction. By the time you have constructed the processing machine, bought the chemicals, disposed of them properly, you can have many, many thousands of meters processed at commercial labs with a constant quality.

• 8 months later...

ciao giorgio mi ricollego al sito dopo molto tempo e con piacere scopro un italiano appassionato di cinematografia. mi dispiace non averlo fatto prima, forse ti sarei potuto essere di aiuto nella ricerca della cinepresa. ho 2 acl (una 16 e una super16) Se hai bisogno di informazioni e/o consigli? non farti nessuno scrupolo, mi farà piacere esserti di qualche utilità.

• Site Sponsor

Are you trying to develop B&W Reversal? If so the tank material you need to use for the bleach has to be able to withstand the corrosive effects of HCL our reversal machine's tank is make from Titanium but there are probably plastics which will work.

-Rob-