Lucasfilm sold to Disney

Freya Black

Well heres some big news! Lucasfilm has been sold to disney:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2012/oct/30/disney-lucasfilm-star-wars-deal

So Disney now own Marvel and Star Wars as well Pixar and their traditional Disney fare!

I wonder if they will be able to juggle it all.

So it would seem there are going to be some new star wars films but not directed by George Lucas.

Anyway I thought some people here would be interested in this.

love

Freya

I think the Disney buy has a lot of potential. I think they are probably aware that Star Wars has a very loyal fan base and will respect that. I'm interested to see if the new film will be a remake, sequel or prequel. But even if Disney put out the best Star Wars movie yet, there will still be fans who hate it just because its a Disney flick.

I am really looking forward to it all. In all objectivity, Star Wars and Disney have always felt like they belonged together. Ever since I was a kid I have associated the two because of Star Tours, Star Wars Weekends, etc.

Now that doesn't mean Disney can't screw it up, but I'll reserve judgment until I see what they do with it.

And I'm happy that Lucas chose to let other filmmakers have a go at the universe he's created. That was a very good move on his part.

Guest Christopher Sheneman

I am really looking forward to it all. In all objectivity, Star Wars and Disney have always felt like they belonged together. Ever since I was a kid I have associated the two because of Star Tours, Star Wars Weekends, etc.

Now that doesn't mean Disney can't screw it up, but I'll reserve judgment until I see what they do with it.

And I'm happy that Lucas chose to let other filmmakers have a go at the universe he's created. That was a very good move on his part.

Ha! Disney can't screw it up as bad as Lucas did with three very long "prequels" cartoons that have devastated the ethos of Star Wars. He should be kicked in the balls daily for the rest of his life.

I wonder what Disney will do with all the fan-made star-wars stuffs given their ideas of "fair use."

Shut them down, I hate all that fan crap, it does nothing but add mockery to the storyline - go after them Disney and send in the troops. I will be your Saul and drag them sleeping from their beds to their rain soaked yards for a nightsticking or two.

• Premium Member

I dunno Chris; I thoroughly enjoyed things like Chad Vader. To a certain extent, I think the reason why we still have a popular culture of star-wars is in part because of the light touch Lucas had with fans making their own little videos and things. Most of it is crap, of course, but some of it is worth-while (robot chicken for example). of course that's just my opinion.

Guest Christopher Sheneman

I hope Disney doesn't try to remake American Graffiti.

I don't think you need to worry, Disney only remakes movies that don't suck.