2 Guns

I just saw an ad for 2 guns. Out of curiosity, looked up its technical specs on imdv; i guess it was shot on 35mm. I wonder if the film is going to be any good. Still, it is great to see another movie shot on 35mm.

Hope so. I kind of stopped going to the movies 5 years ago, except for a few, literally. Lately, movies are all about cgi, remakes of a remake, etc. I miss movies like Seven, Forrest Gump, where there was actually a story.

• Premium Member

It's probably quite sacrilegious to say, but I haven't been much of one to go to the theater for the most part. There are exceptions, for certain things, such as the last star trek movie, which I felt obliged to see, being a huge trek fan myself-- voting with my wallet that they at least make SOMETHING slightly resembling star trek. I also saw Oblivion and Tron in theaters, because, again, sci-fi love, and Samsara. But aside from that, there are quite a few films I'd love to see in theaters-- the new Superman, for example-- but just won't because I either haven't got the time, or, more likely, I don't want to spend the money out of worry I'll need that $20 sometime soon for something-- like not working.

I don't necessarily mind CGI, such as with Tron and Oblivion, when it is well done. However, with the vast majority of films, it's sadly not well done, far too noticeable, too in your face-- not that that's always bad, but when it's every shot it becomes tiresome.

I've nothing against thinner narrative and very high production values in and of itself. But, it's when those values get in the way of even the most basic plot, that I start to quickly loose interest.

I thought I was the only person here who doesn't go to the movies all the time. I've been trying to make myself get back into it lately, but as has been said, there aren't always many out that really interest me.

Last film I saw was "The Purge," about 3 weeks ago, at the very last regular showing in my area, and I got a virtual private screening for $5.50. I actually liked that film more than most. I was also interested to see it because it's a Blumhouse economy production, as opposed to yet another nine-figure behemoth.

• Premium Member

Last I caught was Laurence of Arabia... but that was a special screening. Aside from that, Star Trek was my last, though hopefully over-winter when things slow down a bit and I have a bit more of a cushion I'll go more. I really should, the Arclight is within walking distance to my apartment in Pasadena. Apparently there is another theater here which gives you drinks and lounge chairs.

How was Star Trek? I didn't see it, was hesitant. I wanted to see the latest Suoerman, but heard that it was horrible. I watched Schindler's List and Jeniffer 8 last night. Watching those for the billionth time was like masturbation haha.

Looking forward to watching this Friday. Interesting to see Denzel doing comedy.

This did shoot mostly on 35mm, in Panavision. It also used hacked Panasonic GH2s, also with Panavision anamorphics, for some stunt work and other shots.

How was Star Trek? I didn't see it, was hesitant. I wanted to see the latest Suoerman, but heard that it was horrible. I watched Schindler's List and Jeniffer 8 last night. Watching those for the billionth time was like masturbation haha.

Man of Steel was great.

• Premium Member

I'm sure you could get them, or many others to machine you a PV mount. It's not all that difficult, though I don't necessarily see the point of owning a PV mount unless you rent a lot of panavision glass. I think a PL would be fine for most applications or even OCT19 if you want to get a little crazy here. And there are plenty of them availble on the market (more to come soon I'm sure too with the M4rds Blackmagic Cameras)