Experiences with Willard Engineering? He won't return my camera to me.

Just an update: Mr. Willard and I spoke today. He has been ill and unable to work on cameras due to his health. He has improved and promised to fix my camera this weekend.

I take him at his word and want everyone to know it looks like this situation will be resolved. Once the camera arrives I will update you all.

• 1 month later...

I was told that my camera would be mailed back to me on June 1st. We shall see.

By the way, mods... I don't appreciate this thread being moved to an area of the forum no one reads. Anyone who has been paying attention to this thread will now be unaware of where it is or what's happening because it was moved out of the general forum. Despite my being the thread starter I was not even notified of the move and thought someone had deleted it.

• Premium Member

By the way, mods... I don't appreciate this thread being moved to an area of the forum no one reads. Anyone who has been paying attention to this thread will now be unaware of where it is or what's happening because it was moved out of the general forum. Despite my being the thread starter I was not even notified of the move and thought someone had deleted it.

I wouldnt worry about that, Matt. I know a lot of us look at the most recent thread posts so if that is the case, you will be seen as long as your thread is hot and relevant.

Perhaps another thing they don't appreciate is a duplicate thread.

Considering the subject matter and the need to reach out to two separate groups of people, it's fully justified.

And if you have read any part of what's been going on, you would understand. Many have already thanked me.

• Premium Member

Why are you assuming no one reads this section? Anyone who hits the View New Content button will see whatever has been posted since their last visit (provided they have their settings adjusted to that.)

And ease up on the moderators, Matt. They are, at times, far more liberal with this forum than I would be. I think everyone is fully aware of your escapade with Willard Engineering.

• Upvote 2

Bill, I had never even heard of this section. I was completely unaware. And considering how few posts there are here it's pretty clear this is a dark closet no one enters.

I wouldn't call my situation an escapade. It's been anything but exciting or adventurous. It's been stressful and infuriating. it costs me jobs. It's had a serious impact on my life. Escapade just doesn't fit.

Well, I'll update this, despite nobody reading this section of the forum. My camera is in the mail to me. I will report back once I have it and then again after I use it and then again after I get the film processed and scanned.

• 2 weeks later...

Matt, I'm glad you've taken the time to post this. I'm in the exact same position with Mr. Willard, except he's had my Super 8 camera for A WHOLE YEAR. I too have been given the same excuses over time, that either him, or his wife have been ill, and so I have made every effort to be accommodating and understanding in how specialized his work is. I've even offered him more money, several times, and no response. I call, and it's more excuses. OF COURSE, I don't wanna sue the guy, but I've been without my camera for literally over a year. Have you received your camera yet?

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Kevin, I did in fact receive my camera. It's been a long haul. I'll know if the problem is fixed once I test some cartridges and get them processed and scanned. That's the thing. It's not like I will know right away. And apparently Mr. Willard has sometimes sent cameras back to people with the light meter reset incorrectly. He doesn't take into account light loss through the view-finder and therefore he ends up having the camera under-expose by a full stop. That's something I hope has not happened with my camera because it was spot on perfect when I sent it to him.