16mm Processing for print projection

Rob Daglish

Hello,

I'm new to this forum.

I've recently shot 400ft of Kodak Vision 2 Colour negative 200t/7217 film for an installation I'm working.

I need to process this so I can project from the film on a continuous loop. I'm new to 16mm film making so forgive me if some of what I say is incorrect or not important.

I'm based in the UK and their doesn't appear to be any labs that will process 16mm film for projection so I'm thinking of either finding somewhere in Europe that will or hand processing it myself. I know I'll probably be advised not to hand process but I'm on a tight budget and it may be the only option.

Can anybody offer some advice either on labs or hand processing?

Thanks!

Hand processing 400' in one go sounds pretty impossible to me.

I'm sure you know that you will have to process the neg and then have a positive print made. You can still buy 16mm. reversal for direct projection though: http://www.wittner-cinetec.com/home.php

You're right that no-one prints 16mm in the UK any more. I think Dirk de Jonghe is your man, in Kortrijk

http://www.postproduction.be/en/

Edited by Mark Dunn

We do plenty of 16mm prints for loop projection. Do not project an original reversal in loop unless you want to get rid of it. Loops do wear out and with a negative you can make as many prints as you want, a minimum of two is recommended in case something happens to the first one; loop projection is a specialized business. We apply a special lubrication to the print that allows it to run smoother and last longer.