How to get connected with an Agent?

For most people, though, it's neither available nor necessary. The reality is that by the time anyone needs an agent they'll already know all about them and probably have the right contacts. If you have to ask, it's not for you. It's not for most people.

P

I completely agree with you there! I know even my self I am not ready for an agent.

Correct me if im wrong but with DP's I feel like hearing the term agent means to some that you have made it sadly im even guilty of this thought from time to time. So I think because of that people think thats there next step. I know guys who work a lot on great projects and don't have an agent and I also know friends that have the opposite.

Richard I will say I wish negotiating was as easy as you make out to be when you are hiring. Coming out with your max rate sounds straight and to the point but I have yet come across that when being hired. Its always been a lower rate I negotiate up some easier than others. I agree with you that there are a ton of games played in this industry and I wish money was not one of them. I will say take the agency question out of it you brought up some good info and insight about the producing side and hiring crew.