Chimera ring adapter

They are expensive, yes. Have you tried ebay?...

No, they are not expensive considering the time and workmanship that goes into a speedring.

$130 is not a bad retail price for one to fit a 1k.Tungsten.

How about a speedring for an M18: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/179161-REG/Chimera_9305_Speed_Ring_for_Quartz.html

That's real money.

Which fixture ?

DeSisti 310 Tungsten primarily, but I also have a couple of old Colortrans that take the same size.

I realize the Chimera speed rings are high quality machined aluminum and that's partially why they cost so much. I was just wondering if there were any less robust substitutes out there. I don't plan on handling them a lot or taking them on the road, just setting up a small studio.

Edited by Stephen Baldassarre

DeSisti 310 Tungsten primarily, but I also have a couple of old Colortrans that take the same size.

I realize the Chimera speed rings are high quality machined aluminum and that's partially why they cost so much. I was just wondering if there were any less robust substitutes out there. I don't plan on handling them a lot or taking them on the road, just setting up a small studio.

It's not just machining, but TIG welding also.

I actually just started working on a new design for a softbox speedring and we're planning on having it somewhat modular to work with different fixtures, stobes and constant lights. Out of curiosity, what diameter ring would you need to fit the DeSisti light you mentioned?

I actually just started working on a new design for a softbox speedring and we're planning on having it somewhat modular to work with different fixtures, stobes and constant lights. Out of curiosity, what diameter ring would you need to fit the DeSisti light you mentioned?

The outer diameter is 7.5" and 7" inner diameter.