Vision 3 500T 16mm for b&w positives?

You can, but I doubt the tonality will look good coming from color negative original. If you need to go to B&W from color negative, it's best probably to scan and convert in the computer. But I think it might not be easy to find a lab to do a real B&W filmout. Best option is to shoot B&W camera original if you want a B&W print.

One more thing. 7222 is a camera film stock. It's not designed for projection. It's probably not as tough as a print stock, and the whites will not be clear white. Even the perforations may be designed for cameras and not projectors.

I am looking for higher speed to use available light indoors. 500 speed looked good for that. I have not tried to buy real print stock yet. My printer first bends the films one way over the gate, then it bends the films the other way under the drive wheel, so perfs may not matter, but I don't know. Some of my projected films look good and that keeps me trying to do them again.

Several issues here, printing colour negative to B&W stock.

1. normal B&W print stock is orthochromatic, sensitive to blue only, not good for colour negative.

2. 7222 would be unsuitable due to low gamma (0.65) you need about 2.30.

3. 7222 has a grey base

4. most suitable for direct positive print would be sound recording stock such as ST8, still with grey base and non-straight density curve

5. official way to do Colour negative to B&W print traditionally: make colour intermediate positive, then panchromatic B&W duplicate negative 7234 if you can find it, from there normal prints on B&W print stock.

I would like to get some of that sound recording stock. It might be good to reverse, on a super bright day, or could it also be used to print b&w negs?

I better plan on using lots of light and stick with 7222.

Edited by Michael Carter