can I use a computer to record sound

Lee Young

I have a nizo 800. I am going to use a sound device that hooks into the pc flash socket of my camera that I will buy off of super8sound.com. Does a computer, specifically a macintosh G4 record sound at a constant rate. I'm assuming it does seeing that many professional recording are done on them, but I just wanted to make sure.

Download Total Recorder.

Total Recorder is for Windows only - you won't be able to use it on your Mac.

There are plenty of OS X applications that can record sound - I recomend chekcing out versiontracker.com.

Side Note: I've been testing out recording onto an iPod with iPod Linux on it. You can record at 96 Khz - which is very high quality. I've been happy with it so far. I need to see if it will sync with super 8 film though.

Total Recorder is for Windows only - you won't be able to use it on your Mac.

There are plenty of OS X applications that can record sound - I recomend chekcing out versiontracker.com.

Side Note: I've been testing out recording onto an iPod with iPod Linux on it. You can record at 96 Khz - which is very high quality. I've been happy with it so far. I need to see if it will sync with super 8 film though.

It should sync up no problem. If you have sticks at the head and tail of your shot, you will be worry free in post.

chris