ISO Bolex C to Leica M mount adapter

joji baratelli

• Premium Member

I don't think it's possible.

There is only around 10mm difference between the Leica M flange depth (27.9mm) and C mount (17.52mm), but the Leica M bayonet locking part on a lens extends behind the seat by that much. It can't fit through the much smaller C mount opening.

• Premium Member

Yeah, a LEICA thread mounted lens can be fitted, Leitz and Paillard and others have made adapters. LEICA-M bayonet doesn’t work.

Although I understand the lust for experiments I want to point out that the Paillard-Bolex H are 1) amateur cameras and 2) made for one, two or three compact and lightweight lenses. To take the quality of a Leitz photo lens to the 16mm screen is almost impossible with the common film stocks. I dare saying that purpose-made C-mount optics are more satisfying in use.

At times I get the impression that the motto of today goes Keep it complicated!

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Todd Pinder said:

I have the Beaulieu (Rittner) M to C mount adapter works great on my Beaulieu 4008ZM's and R16, but won't fit  the turret of a Bolex. Adapter hits the center screw of the turret and will not fully seat.

Got a picture Todd? I’d like to see how much clearance there is between the bayonet lock and the reduction down to C mount.

Sorry Dom, thought you wanted to see on camera but you probably just wanted pics of the adapter itself! Anyway as you can see it doesn't completely seat, and won't even start to thread on my Rex4 H8 because H8 center turret screw is larger that H16.

If you need more pics just ask!