WTB: Eclair ACL bits and pieces (motor, etc)

Duncan Brown

• Premium Member

Looking for stuff for my newly acquired ACL 1.5 that maybe is languishing in the back of your closet?

-- MIMUL or MIVAR motor.  Yeah, I know, not likely.  But I'd be very willing to buy your broken motor for the right price.  I'm a tinkerer

-- TS - Arri-S mount.  I'm told the later ones would take both Arri-S and Arri-bayonet, in the same mount.  That would be OK too.

-- Pilotone box that bolts to the side where the expansion connector is.  It's for a crazy project I have in mind, surely nobody is still using these right?

-- That little grip thing with the camera-actuating thumb button built in that also bolts to the side where the expansion connector is.

-- Jaeger connectors or Cannon connectors; leftover from projects, or scrapped cables, or whatever.

I'm sure I'll think of more, but that's a good start.

Thanks,

Duncan

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Really?  No ACL bits hanging around gathering dust?  I'm solving the connector needs other ways, but I'm still looking for everything else.  Seriously, sell me your broken motor, then I can take apart my broken motor and maybe get one working between the two.

Duncan

I think you should try asking for them in some forum for current video shooters. There are always people who used to use ACLs in the 90s or 80s and might still have it in their closet - but might not visit this forum. DVXUser, RedUser, DVInfo

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Heikki Repo said:

I think you should try asking for them in some forum for current video shooters. There are always people who used to use ACLs in the 90s or 80s and might still have it in their closet - but might not visit this forum. DVXUser, RedUser, DVInfo

Good idea - thanks!

Duncan

• Premium Member

Huh - turns out I already have a DVXUser account which hadn't been logged in to since 2009.  Had to answer a couple of old questions in my inbox ?  We'll see if I have any better luck there.

Duncan

• Confused 2

On 4/9/2022 at 6:02 AM, Gregg MacPherson said:

You can now place wanted adds on eBay. Don't know if it costs.

I don't think eBay has had wanted ads for about 10 years now, but somewhat similarly you can save a search and get notified via email if something is listed.