Cameflex 16mm magazine problem

Joao Paulo Miranda Maria

On 5/11/2023 at 2:42 PM, Joao Paulo Miranda Maria said:

What is this piece and what do it? Is it preventing the claws from reaching the film?

image.thumb.jpeg.0d678d0a8f2f686c4c11d824be91d49c.jpeg

In fact there is no "CM3" logo on the side of the camera, but this plate with the two side pieces I have never seen on the standard ones, and even if I clean, lubricate and check the good functioning of the claws, I can't understand what is the problem that makes different magasins film tension in the same way? 

Good Morning,

I just now did a new test with the 35mm magasin, this time differently before starting the engine I turned the gear a bit without the motor, only with a screwdriver. So slowly turning I noticed the claw working normally. Then, without removing the magasin, I put the motor on and started.... It worked fine, until arrives to the end of the small film I am testing (it is quite old and was already attached to the magasin when I bought it, so it must have been sitting there for years) As you can see at the end, again there is the problem of the claw tearing the perforations, but this time when I took the magasin off, I saw certain pieces of the film stuck on the side guides of the Gate. I know that these guides must work to maintain the stability of the film, but couldn't I remove them? Because the standard cameflex gates work without these guides and mine came with these guides as well as the cm3. I send video and photos of the gate with the pieces of film that were stuck in the side guide. Or maybe it is just the problem of inflexibility of the old film and I should test with other pieces film? Anyway it is a pleasure to continue the discussion and share these experiences. 

Best!