Break-in...

Jim Jannard

Why does nobody seem to be concerned that Jannard left Cinematography.com because he couldnt take the heat of the questions he was being asked? Isnt there something wrong when a guy who claims to want input is so averse to it?

has this maybe to do with bed-sitting prople (like you?)

guy, what was your recent billiom?

i don´t want to take sides in this.... but there is one extremly performing billionaire and a whining couchpotato in this thread.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member
has this maybe to do with bed-sitting prople (like you?)

guy, what was your recent billiom?

i don´t want to take sides in this.... but there is one extremly performing billionaire and a whining couchpotato in this thread.

Lets not get out of perspective in this. The guy is a billionaire because he makes sunglasses, not cameras. And I was not the only person who said things that Jim didnt like. I didnt realize that we had to kiss his rear end on here. Excuse the heck out of me for asking questions.

Lets not get out of perspective in this. The guy is a billionaire because he makes sunglasses, not cameras.

and you, sire, are nobody, who doesn´t seem to make money out of anything.

And I was not the only person who said things that Jim didnt like. I didnt realize that we had to kiss his rear end on here. Excuse the heck out of me for asking questions.

your hostile tone is unliked throughout some continents,- germany, berlin here.

over here, jj is a winner and you are a looser, sire.

this said, my humble opinion and 4 laughing employees: would recommend.

stfu

• Premium Member
and you, sire, are nobody, who doesn´t seem to make money out of anything.

your hostile tone is unliked throughout some continents,- germany, berlin here.

over here, jj is a winner and you are a looser, sire.

this said, my humble opinion and 4 laughing employees: would recommend.

stfu

Ok, this is getting lame and has nothing to do with cinematography. Therefore, have it your way and ramble on as you wish, but do it by yourself.

Ok, this is getting lame and has nothing to do with cinematography.

so, please gi back to your super-8mm forum. you won´t see me posting there anytime soon, that super-8 is......

Therefore, have it your way and ramble on as you wish, but do it by yourself.

thank you very much - but it is certainly not "us" rambling.

I apologize for the name calling in my last few posts. This sort of ad hominem attack drives away any possibility for civil discourse and ensures that the people you are insulting will get justifiably defensive.

I?m also pretty sure that is what drove Jim Jannard away from here, not so much the lack of rear end kissing.

• Premium Member

This whole posting should be read in a bewildered and bemused voice and not in any aggressive mannor at all.

I forgot who said it (and I imagine someone will get offended), but:

"Fighting on the internet is like winning the special olympics... You' may have won, but you're still retarded."

There are professionals on this forum, people who make thier living in the industry and there are students and amateurs who post with the false-bravado of those who have practical experience working with camera systems like those being described in these threads. The differences between the two are highly visable.

Very few in the former group are piping up and when they do it's substinative or conservative and rarely is it a deliberate attack on any person or idea.

If you're in the latter group, your opinions don't matter, except to other people in that group. Like all of the failed writers soon to be english compsition teachers hanging out in coffee shops arguing over inane drivel and critical theory that has no bearing on the world, or worse, ex-filmmakers who become professional critics. How quickly do you fall into ad hominem attacks or almost violently defending one format over another.

I am absolutly amused with the confidence and conviction that many people seem to post while it's perfectly obvious they've only shot things well out of the scope of what the Red camera might be used for (DVX feature... but the script is good right?) with tools well out of the veil of what Red is aiming for (I can't wait for when I can ingest 4K into my powerbook).

It's all crap math and speculation untill Jannard produces a final, shipping, product.

Wait for the camera and stop acting like petulent children. There are serious people on this forum... you are probably not one of them.

It's all crap math and speculation untill Jannard produces a final, shipping, product.

Wait for the camera and stop acting like petulent children. There are serious people on this forum... you are probably not one of them.

i cant wait. my owned cinealtas are planned & booked - and i wouldnßt like to reduce the shooting schedule.

btw: in 2001 many people told me, that i would be nuts - and i still sold >90% of my 35mm gear, luckily not my lenses. back then (2001) i started investing in cinealta. sveral $100.000s back then btw.

Don't be. You also shouldn't be sucked in by one member of a company offering a reward on this forum, while at the same time someone else from the company is insinuating on a different forum that they already do know who's responsible. It's insulting to play the members of this forum for a bunch of suckers. One should question the motivation for any aspect of this matter being posted in the first place. Your obsession with this guy's wealth is beyond ridiculous.

You're the one who previously questioned his wealth. I simply stated the facts as recently published. Mr. Jannard's wealth IS of consequence to the RED project because it means that the financial resources are available to complete the project, and it renders ridiculous any suggestion that Mr. Jannard intends to "run off" with $500,000-$1,000,000 in RED reservation deposits. Those insinuations are ridiculous, insulting, and potentionally libelous.

I haven't reserved a camera, but I would have absolutely no hesitation in paying a $1000 deposit (or more) to RED. And I dare say my life, business, and financial experience far exceeds yours. I don't need someone like you to advise me on anything. Nor, I dare say, does anyone else. The only reason I have not yet reserved several cameras is that I want to use them for stereoscopic work and I'm not yet sure if they're appropriate. I've decided to wait.

Presuming to tell other people what to think is just that ... presumptuous.

Edited by Greg Lowry

• Premium Member
And I dare say my life, business, and financial experience far exceeds yours. I don't need someone like you to advise me on anything. Nor, I dare say, does anyone else. The only reason I have not yet reserved several cameras is that I want to use them for stereoscopic work and I'm not yet sure if they're appropriate. I've decided to wait.

Presuming to tell other people what to think is just that ... presumptuous.

You're right. I was presuming you were a grown up. Your nasty, childish posts prove otherwise. Let's act like adults, and leave each other alone, as I already asked you to do offline.

You're right. I was presuming you were a grown up. Your nasty, childish posts prove otherwise. Let's act like adults, and leave each other alone, as I already asked you to do offline.

I'm happy to let other readers of this thread decide whose posts are nasty and childish. And even more pleased not to respond to your posts again.

Oh Eman, I think we best stay out of this one.

Right!

I must say this is one of the most hilarious threads I've ever read (which possibly stupidifies myself).

It's funny to see someone who's not going to buy the camera anyway because it's not film - engage to this degree in hammering away on the concept of a high end digital camera, smearing the founders reputation and discredtiting those who are curious on the development and see this as a possible solution to their needs.

Just do a quick google and you'll find:

a) Mr Jannard is a businessman,

B) he's made money,

c) He has a track record of doing "unheard of" businesspractises to compete with major players (read Ray-Ban, Nike and Sony),

d) He likes fast cars and is a photo gear nuthead,

e) If you look at what kind of resources he's hiring - he has chosen a gang of people with a good track record in their fields, that I can hardly see why should join a hoax. Let's just mention the AJA chap, and my own favourite codec guru: Graeme Nattress. (Do the googling if you like)

I'm getting pretty curious on what kind of movies, productions and inventions and what kind of business models the different contenders on this noble battle have succeded with.

And what's in it for you (Conspiracy theories of funding of Next Big Movie in 35mm rises on the horizont...)

-;)

But then again... Who cares?

Cheers!

Gunleik Groven

Why does nobody seem to be concerned that Jannard left Cinematography.com because he couldnt take the heat of the questions he was being asked? Isnt there something wrong when a guy who claims to want input is so averse to it?

There's little input here. Why should he bother?

I reckon you are right. Maybe he should just go to DVXuser where he will get stroked more than get information that can make a better camera.

How does

"You cannot do it!"

"You are a scam and a hoax and a bad businessman"

"This does not look like 35mm"

give him clues as to how to make a better camera?

(Please Gunleik! Stop now. Don't bite. It's only trolling anyway)

Gunleik

• Premium Member

It's quite simple: Jannard made a post about THEFT and a reward... Then a couple of people used that as a platform to say it was 1) a publicity stunt 2) why the hell would anyone buy this camera

Which is rude and thread hijacking... I'm sure if someone stole a reel of your 35mm film dream project and you posted about it and I said "THIS IS A PUBLICITY STUNT" you'd think that was fine, right? Would you see the humor in me continuing to derogate your project?

Constructive criticism is fine, but there is a time and a place. As Gunleik pointed out, saying things like "this is a hoax" is not constructive nor helpful. Thinking that a guy with a successful business would stage an elaborate R & D project to take 1k from people is purposely stupid. It doesn't touch his overhead.

Hard questions had little to do with his departure in my estimation; poor manners is the cause.

• Premium Member
This whole posting should be read in a bewildered and bemused voice and not in any aggressive mannor at all.

I forgot who said it (and I imagine someone will get offended), but:

"Fighting on the internet is like winning the special olympics... You' may have won, but you're still retarded."

There are professionals on this forum, people who make thier living in the industry and there are students and amateurs who post with the false-bravado of those who have practical experience working with camera systems like those being described in these threads. The differences between the two are highly visable.

Very few in the former group are piping up and when they do it's substinative or conservative and rarely is it a deliberate attack on any person or idea.

If you're in the latter group, your opinions don't matter, except to other people in that group. Like all of the failed writers soon to be english compsition teachers hanging out in coffee shops arguing over inane drivel and critical theory that has no bearing on the world, or worse, ex-filmmakers who become professional critics. How quickly do you fall into ad hominem attacks or almost violently defending one format over another.

I am absolutly amused with the confidence and conviction that many people seem to post while it's perfectly obvious they've only shot things well out of the scope of what the Red camera might be used for (DVX feature... but the script is good right?) with tools well out of the veil of what Red is aiming for (I can't wait for when I can ingest 4K into my powerbook).

Thank you, Nathan. That's a summation if I ever heard one.

I'm afraid to say anything, because I am fairly new here, and I know I'm going to get harassed for saying ANYthing, but here I go:

From what I read, your all complaining about peoples opinions, and last time I checked, this was America where we can have opinions. Also, I dont know too much about the RED camera or what happened at the "break-in", but from what I read, no one really seemed to ask Jim Jannard about the actual break-in before he left. You all just seemed to assume and speak without getting some facts, which is your right, but it caused plenty of bashing and arguing.

Why can't we be friends? LOL :D

Brendan...

I'm afraid to say anything, because I am fairly new here, and I know I'm going to get harassed for saying ANYthing, but here I go:

From what I read, your all complaining about peoples opinions, and last time I checked, this was America where we can have opinions. Also, I dont know too much about the RED camera or what happened at the "break-in", but from what I read, no one really seemed to ask Jim Jannard about the actual break-in before he left. You all just seemed to assume and speak without getting some facts, which is your right, but it caused plenty of bashing and arguing.

Why can't we be friends? LOL :D

Brendan...

Hi Brendan,

Please be careful about terms like "you all" because this forum, like the others, is comprised of individuals with varying opinions.

Greg