Beaulieu 4008 ZM II Jubilee

Will Montgomery

• Premium Member

It needed some work but Björn made it young again. It purrs like it's brand new. In fact it even smells new thanks to the lubrication. First time I've had a 4008 with zoom and auto-exposure working although I'm sure I'll shoot manual most of the time. He even got a dent out of the metal housing. This Angenieux f1.2 6-80 lens has got to be the best optic ever put on a Super 8 camera.

Makes me want to go out and shoot but it looks like rain all week.

beaulieu_4008_jubilee.jpg

• Premium Member

did Bjron remove yours or replace them?

Removed, he evaluated my camera and recommended that based on this specific camera.

I have another 4008 ZM2 that he worked his magic on too. Nothing like a shinny new camera to make you want to shoot more film.

Removed, he evaluated my camera and recommended that based on this specific camera.

I have another 4008 ZM2 that he worked his magic on too. Nothing like a shinny new camera to make you want to shoot more film.

Your camera looks brand new! These cameras are addictive aren't they? I'll be sending one to Björn soon too! I'm researching a DOF adapter to add to it and investing in a few c-mount lenses; I have a non-reflex H16 Bolex so they'll work for both!

Brand new with dents? :)

I have the same black version ZM4 with a large Angénieux. Found it at a photo-faire and it is in top condition. Without dents or scratches. Purs like a kitten in an ocean of milk.

Only the serialnumber plate in the filmchamber had dropped off and the modelnumber plate on the outside. A typical issue with these Beaulieux is that the glue gets brittle and these plates and leatherettes start to drop off. Used a mild glue to fix them back on. Of course when you ask a repairman he will recommend to repair. When it isn't broken don fix it. It is not going to the moon or something.

• Premium Member

Brand new with dents? :)

Dents are gone now, just needs a little touch up paint on one spot.

Only problem with these cameras are they aren't really designed for portability, just amazing quality. They are heavy cameras.