Lomokino 35mm Short Movie / Music Video

Kevin Kaho

I think this camera rocks. I bought one and have shot about 8 rolls with it. But now the take up reel is acting up. I have to exchange it. Your video is the best I've seen in quite a while. How did you scan it?

I didnt scan it personally, they did everything for me at the processing shop ~ it was dirt cheap as well, only 40 HK Dollars (about5 USD) for each film rolls including scanning etc! ;)

Yes Lomokino is so much fun! I love it! :)

I've enjoyed watching some of these films, its nice to see people embracing the grungy look film can deliver in a creative way. The camera seems quite limited for practical purposes though, slow lens and a short exposure time (considering its only 4 frames per second) I imagine limit its potential.

But then the camera is cheaper than a 400' roll of 35mm motion picture film and sometimes limitations can be creative, like with the Pixelvision!

• Premium Member

what do you guys think of this 35mm camera? :)

Kevin

That's excellent. Even on YouTube, film looks better.

I can see another "Die Einfell" parody coming up:

Officer #1: "Mein Fuhrer...."

Officer #2: "The video was..."

Officer #1 (terrified): "The video was shot on a LomoKino..."

etc etc :rolleyes:

I didnt scan it personally, they did everything for me at the processing shop ~ it was dirt cheap as well, only 40 HK Dollars (about5 USD) for each film rolls including scanning etc! ;)

Yes Lomokino is so much fun! I love it! :)

Kevin,

5USD is about what I pay here in the us. I wonder if your lab set up custom parameters for scanning. It looks better than most scans I have seen of lomokino footage. Is there any way you can find out what kind of scanner and how they did it. It looks like they might have cropped a bit or did you? In order to stabilize the image. Probably the sharpest lomokino footage I've seen.

Kevin,

5USD is about what I pay here in the us. I wonder if your lab set up custom parameters for scanning. It looks better than most scans I have seen of lomokino footage. Is there any way you can find out what kind of scanner and how they did it. It looks like they might have cropped a bit or did you? In order to stabilize the image. Probably the sharpest lomokino footage I've seen.

hey Chris ~

thanks for your reply! sure I can go find out, since the shop is right next to the Lomo Store in Hong Kong ~ all I know until now is that it's one of the best labs for developing 35mm negative films haha ~ and yes ~ they did mentioned they would have cropped out the sides (bits with the film holes) and also a little bit on top and bottom ~ thats all i know for now :)