New to cinematography.com

• Premium Member
er, hate to point this out but Carnival is owned by NBCUniversal.

When it was pitched to ITV they weren't interested until Carnival offered to put up 100% of the production costs.

Oh, good grief. I had no idea.

Of course the original point remains - that sort of production is incredibly rare here. It actually fits the profile even better if we know it's American-funded. But I can't get over the awfulness. I mean, Carnival was one of the very few outfits here who knew how to make stuff that sold internationally. Now they're gone, too.

Which all leads, of course, to the well-known saying:

"How do you find the UK?

Sail around the north atlantic until you find a dog turd with sixty million idiots standing on it."

• Premium Member

Wow. And I thought the idea was to welcome a new member. Suddenly, pre-production broke out!

I also agree with Freya (as usual). I had the pleasure of meeting Garreth on GODZILLA and it is quite obvious why he has become successful with oppotunities: He is a gentleman who respects everyone involved with the process. Maybe a lesson here?

Edited by Gregory Irwin

I was right! You ARE JIm Jannard!

I could easily link you to about 40 positive reviews for my last film

Where? The only ones I can find seem to be from people hoping to sell you a copy (or an illegal download).

OK I managed to found a Dutch site with a couple of punter reviews. From what I can make out they said: Great cinematography, stunning scenery, wonderful score, diabolical script....

I think I'm beginning to see a pattern here.

I can't wait to see this movie. :rolleyes:

Keith get some talent or do something with your life, then you can criticize in a forum of professionals. I have no idea why a stock boy from Woolworths posts on cinematography.com? Even if you could point to a Youtube link with some video you shot of a friends birthday party with your cell phone, it would be more than you have on offer right now.

R,