steve waschka

recommend a film to tape facility in fl or ga?

^What Perry said.

Digital Beta is a dead format, as is almost all tape with the exception of HdCamSR and that is not long for this world either.

A USB3.0 drive and a HD or 2k etc. data scan can be converted into any lower res format and be used on any modern computer.

Yesterday I had a request from a film school to do a transfer to DVCam. They receive Quicktime ProRes files from us since years. I think they want to show the 'old' way to students??

It hasn't been so long since the Documentary Channel folded, and they always wanted submissions on DigiBeta. I would guess some outlets still use it today, at least on the academic and local levels.

Because I own, along with several other cameras, broadcast editing controllers and support equipment, the following: bvw-d600ws, sdx900, bvw-75, dvw-a500, teranex xantus. And If I am finishing on dvd precompressing with starfront the results are quite good. And everytime I dump onto my black magic deck and start using my macbook pro the result is a glitchy product with less than professional looking transitions. I am not not in anyway suggesting that you guys get the same results with yours. I am going to work with Continental Film labs in Miami. I visited their facility and they were very helpful.