FS: Aaton LTR super 16 pl mount

Looking to sell my freshly rebulit Aaton LTR. Andree Martin at AM cameras completely rebuilt it about a year ago and it is excellent running condition. Package includes:

Aaton LTR (SN: C1148) Super 16 plmount 

video tap

4 mags tested 

1 aaton battery recelled and working

1 aaton battery charger 

small eyepeice

Looking for 9k USD

DM for details

• Like 1

Bumping this before I put it on ebay.

thant being said the only other Aaton LTR on there is going for 16k and can pretty much guarantee mine is in better shape with the fresh rebuild of the electronics etc.  

It's a tough thing. There are SR3s selling for $11-14K over on Facebook groups. You can't really look at an eBay listing for an LTR at $16K and think it is a relevant figure in any way. That camera just won't sell. I'm definitely not saying your price is outrageous or something.. but overall it is getting harder and harder to sell 16mm cameras after the crazy price bubble popped at the end of last year. Prices are going down, the demand is going down. It is going to be interesting where this ends. I hope you will find a new home for your beautiful, rebuilt LTR soon ??

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Marek Vesely said:

It's a tough thing. There are SR3s selling for $11-14K over on Facebook groups. You can't really look at an eBay listing for an LTR at $16K and think it is a relevant figure in any way. That camera just won't sell. I'm definitely not saying your price is outrageous or something.. but overall it is getting harder and harder to sell 16mm cameras after the crazy price bubble popped at the end of last year. Prices are going down, the demand is going down. It is going to be interesting where this ends. I hope you will find a new home for your beautiful, rebuilt LTR soon ??

the video tap and rebuild raise the price, typically the LTR and Arri SR1/2 seem to be between 4k and 11k depending on the accessories and the condition of the camera. A buyer really needing a camera for actual shooting would surely negotiate a final price which works best for both parties.

the LTR is pretty good camera after all. of course the xtr and prod are better but the price-quality ratio is pretty good on the LTR and the price difference is pretty signifiant... with current prices one can shoot a 20min movie with the price difference.

"needing more crystal speeds" is not a reason to pay double the price for a more expensive camera model like SR3, one can just buy one of my 50-speed crystal generators for 300 bucks and attach it to the LTR to get all the crystal speeds one would need

• Like 4

5 hours ago, aapo lettinen said:

the video tap and rebuild raise the price, typically the LTR and Arri SR1/2 seem to be between 4k and 11k depending on the accessories and the condition of the camera. A buyer really needing a camera for actual shooting would surely negotiate a final price which works best for both parties.

the LTR is pretty good camera after all. of course the xtr and prod are better but the price-quality ratio is pretty good on the LTR and the price difference is pretty signifiant... with current prices one can shoot a 20min movie with the price difference.

"needing more crystal speeds" is not a reason to pay double the price for a more expensive camera model like SR3, one can just buy one of my 50-speed crystal generators for 300 bucks and attach it to the LTR to get all the crystal speeds one would need

True indeed, an LTR and a 416 all look the same on the other side!

IMO the LTR 54 is the entry level professional grade 16mm camera (the SR1 is just too loud, although I'm sure usable if you can get around that) you really don't need anything more than the crystal sync, videotap potential, and a handful of variable speeds, although the perks of an XTR are definitely a bonus and I would love to own one some day.

thanks for all the info everyone, always hard to find similar postings with this stuff.

And as far as capable entry level profesional super 16mm cameras, This one is just as capable as my Sr3 that I sold and even more capable than my aaton a-minima that I also regretfully sold, especially for narrative work. Get some good optics and a good scan and there is virtually no difference in the end product. This was my first real camera I bought way back in film school, learned shooting film on this thing. 

Also found the ticket of repairs and upgrade from Andree Martin/AM cameras and can share with any prospective buyers. Almost 4k worth of work went into it a year ago to get it into top operating condition. 

Lastly here is a registation test we did, please excuse the dusty neg and cheap scan, we wanted to keep costs down

https://vimeo.com/868127861/650d0cc436

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...