16mm or 35mm Printout from Digital File

Hello 

Do you know any companies / people who make 16mm or 35mm print-outs from a digital file. I know CPC London, which has great prices, but they need 10 weeks to do it which is too long. Andec and DeJongh I can't afford. Maybe someone in the US? I in the end need a positive print for an art performance, could be directly to positive (like CPC does it). 

Thanks for the help and best!

• Site Sponsor

We are doing allot of digital to 16mm recording and I have three recordings I am doing right now which are for recording to elements to make prints with sound.

For 35mm we can record to IN on the Arrilaser and make a print with an optical track but that is pretty expensive, I am looking into doing direct to 35mm prints.

• Like 2

I went and saw a 35mm print projected at Gallery of Modern Art in Brisbane on Saturday. We saw 'The Red Shoes'. It was a fantastic and very entertaining experience. The cinema was nearly full, with many young people. I think the traditional cinemas and Hollywood might be dying. Very exciting to see so many young people so keen to see real film projected in a cinema, and a truly great old film that was worth seeing instead of being modern garbage. Shoot film. And project film!! I'm not afraid to say that so much of Hollywood's output now is total garbage and so is a lot of Netflix, streaming, etc. 

Edited by Jon O'Brien

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Jon O'Brien said:

We saw 'The Red Shoes'. It was a fantastic and very entertaining experience.

That restoration print is incredible isn't it? I saw it when it first came out and was blown away. 

Yes, a beautiful print. A lot of people have been saying for a long time that art's not important, that audiences don't care about 'art'. I think that that attitude couldn't be more wrong. Many have even forgotten what the meaning of the word 'art' is. If you go to the cinema and you're not getting, along with the story, some kind of artistic experience, you're being short changed. A good 35mm print goes a long way in creating a very satisfying cinema experience.

Edited by Jon O'Brien
  • Like 1