Web design and hosting services

F Bulgarelli

There are companies out there that make it really easy for anyone to build and host a website, for instance, Yahoo Site Builders; you don't even have to know HTML to build your site; the only problem is Yahoo doesn't support Mac and is very limited as far as templates ans design in general; does anyone know of any other companies out there that do that kind of work for a reasonable price?

Thanks

francisco

There are companies out there that make it really easy for anyone to build and host a website, for instance, Yahoo Site Builders; you don't even have to know HTML to build your site; the only problem is Yahoo doesn't support Mac and is very limited as far as templates ans design in general; does anyone know of any other companies out there that do that kind of work for a reasonable price?

Thanks

francisco

www.netfirms.com cheap, universal and reliable, i have 3 homepages with them, never had a problem and im on a mac too.

For hosting alone, GoDaddy.com is inexpensive and reliable. My email and website are hosted through them and I haven't had problems. They do have "web builder" type plans but those cost more and you don't get as much hosting space/transfer bandwidth. However, if you don't mind rolling your own HTML, it's probably as cheap as it gets for hosting only.

• Premium Member
you don't even have to know HTML to build your site; the only problem is Yahoo doesn't support Mac

Apple includes iWeb in their "ilife" software bundle these days. Very easy to use with a .mac account (which provides the hosting).

iWeb is a bit "dumbed down" and somewhat limited in its templates as well, but a reasonably intelligent person can figure out how to make the most of its capabilities. I don't have a personal website as yet, but I've created some for specific projects using iWeb very easily. I get to spend my time designing and tweaking the page, not the code.

Apple includes iWeb in their "ilife" software bundle these days. Very easy to use with a .mac account (which provides the hosting).

iWeb is a bit "dumbed down" and somewhat limited in its templates as well, but a reasonably intelligent person can figure out how to make the most of its capabilities. I don't have a personal website as yet, but I've created some for specific projects using iWeb very easily. I get to spend my time designing and tweaking the page, not the code.

iWeb rocks....I want to see iWeb Pro! I use with my own hosting not a .Mac account and it works great

http://brantcollins.com