The perfect s16 camera

AvegaStudios

Guest Ian Marks
When I was doing research, I found that slow motion inc http://www.slowmotioninc.com/index.html in Burbank, CA can overhaul, modernize and upgrade a Kinor to Super 16 for a really great price even compared to getting a used Arri set up.

I saw one of these upgraded Kinors at Slow Motion a few years ago, and it was quite impressive. I don't know how quiet it would be compared to an SR or Aaton, and I don't think the viewfinder is anywhere near as nice, but it was essentially a remanufactured, "as new" camera.

I checked my email arkive and what they offered was to take my Kinor (if I had one at the time) and trade it for one of theirs. I'm more of a guerilla fillmmaker so I didn't get into the upgrade specifics. However, here are some pix of one of their upgraded Kinors. http://www.flickr.com/photos/59375217@N00/...57594144863212/

You ask very interesting question.

Yes, Kinor-16 on Super 16 version with Arri PL lens mount, new style of crystal sync motor looking very impressive.

But, the film makers will ready pay for this version of Kinor-16 camera ? Or will choose Arri SR2, 3 or other cameras ?

I see on picture of modified Kinor-16 camera with wide angle lens of Elite Optic 7 mm

I don't know, what price have Kinor-16 on Super 16 version with Arri PL, but, Elite Optic 7 mm lens have price near $3500 .

You will need more other Super 16 lenses too, 8 mm, 9.5 mm, 12 mm, 16 mm, 25mm, 35 mm, 50 mm, 80 mm 135 mm.

The Super 16 lenses have high price.

What price can have this set of lens from Elite Optic or from Arri set?

Ok, You wish order of modified Kinor-16 camera on Super 16 with Arri PL and new style crystal sync motor. What price must have this camera for you have interest to buy ?

You can buy Kinor-16, original edition with normal 16, 10-100 zoom lens and one speed motor for $650..1200. You can service , adjust and modify motor on multispeed version for $600..800.

What you choose Kinor with lenses for normal 16 shooting for $1000...2000 or

Kinor with Elite Optics for $10000...20000 ?

What you think ?

You ready to pay additional money for additional 2.3 mm of wide on film frame ?

You ask very interesting question.

Yes, Kinor-16 on Super 16 version with Arri PL lens mount, new style of crystal sync motor looking very impressive.

But, the film makers will ready pay for this version of Kinor-16 camera ? Or will choose Arri SR2, 3 or other cameras ?

The price was an issue for me so that's why I went w/ an S16 bolex instead. That said, for a pin-registered, PL mount, tricked out S16 camera the price I was quoted was really, REALLY damn good.

so....exactly how do you determine if an item on ebay is a scam??? If it requests payment through paypal, it can't be a scam, can it....?

You need checking of feed back of seller. If the seller have good reputation, all will OK.

I know many good sellers from Russia and Ukraine.

This sellers make business on sell, not on scam.

Ask pictures from camera, ask serial number of camera and parts.

You can send question to last buyers of this seller and ask opinion about seller.

Lav,

I talked to Steve again, in the week his package has been up on eBay, this is the third scam auction that has ripped off his pictures and descriptions. One was in the Netherlands, and I think the rest were in China. He is getting tired of reporting them to eBay.

But again, Steve's auction is the real one.

Arriflex Super16 SRII Movie Camera Package

-Tim

Hi Tim,

did Steve sell the camera? I wasnt in town to see the end of it and for some reason it aint in my 'watched' items, so i am just curious if you knew how much it went for and if he were happy?

Thanks mate!

And heel_e (Tim No#2), how much are you asking for on your HS? Cheers!

• Premium Member
Hi Tim,

did Steve sell the camera? I wasnt in town to see the end of it and for some reason it aint in my 'watched' items, so i am just curious if you knew how much it went for and if he were happy?

Thanks mate!

And heel_e (Tim No#2), how much are you asking for on your HS? Cheers!

Lav,

It did not sell on eBay, it got up to $10,000. He may have sold it privately.

-Tim