What's new on HD110

Carlos Martínez

One thing that had caught my attention when people, here and on other forums, were talking about the improvements the HD110 was to have, was a new adapter top be released by JVC for 16mm film lenses in PL-mount. A flip of somekind was also mentioned, which apparently corrected an inversion this mount implementation had.

Now the camera is released, and the only flip mentioned is about the LCD screen, that can flipped up front so you can shoot yourself and look at the screen.

What about that correction?

• Premium Member
Is that flip vertical or horizontal? Any way to correct it on the HD110?

I belive the image is upside-down when using a normal lens adaptor, so the solution would be either to correct it in post or turn the camera upside-down. It's not a mirror-image. You can read a discussion here:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?p=426040

http://www.redrockmicro.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=357

I belive the image is upside-down when using a normal lens adaptor, so the solution would be either to correct it in post or turn the camera upside-down. It's not a mirror-image.

Using the camera upside down is not something I might be interested on. Wasn't there a way to put a lens on the LCD screen and/or viewfinder to accomplish that?

What about panning and real right/left?

Using the camera upside down is not something I might be interested on. Wasn't there a way to put a lens on the LCD screen and/or viewfinder to accomplish that?

What about panning and real right/left?

The LCD image would be flipped electronically, the camera image itself would be uncorrected. You'd correct that in post.

Using the LCD, you'd operate normally.

The HD110 is an upgrade version of the HD100, not a full new model like the upcoming HD200 or 250. The differences between the 100 and 110 are relatively subtle.

Of course. But one of the things I had read were coming for the 110 was the capability to use the new film lens adaptor, along with the image correction.

As it is now it looks more like a firmware correction.

Edited by Carlos E. Martinez