Super 8 Prints

Matthew Buick

Thank you very much. ;)

ANDEC seems to have an answer to everything, that's where I'm sending my first ever Ektachome (once I have the 15 Euros).

But I would be very surprised if they are doing prints from camera original reversal film (Kodachrome, Ektachrome, etc). It is no longer possible to buy Ektrachrome duplicating film in motion picture formats.

I believe the only super 8 printing they do is from neg to pos.

Guest G. Furber
Let me know how they work for you in terms of customer service, turnaround time, etc. I may have an extensive need for their services in the not too distant future.

Their turnaround time is fast. I shot some Ektachrome 100D the saturday before last and it arrived yesterday. That's a total turnround of just nine days from the UK. The quality has always been fantastic too. I can't fault them- and they have the most extensive selection of services available in Europe. I don't know if the exchange rate will affect you, but roughly, price-wise for "Euros" read "Dollars". In the UK, the €15 all-inclusive costs almost exactly £10 which is good considering a UK lab/ forwarder will charge more like £15 per roll plus return postage.

Like most continental Europeans, they're also very trusting. I once forgot to send payment with my films. They processed them anyway and returned them with a note saying to just send the forgotten payment with my next order! (which of course I did). Fantastic customer care.

Edited by G. Furber

Hi, a month ago I developed 1 roll of black&white (tri-x) and 1 roll of negative (200T) in andec and I also bought the rolls form them.

I also did a print and telecine to the negative roll to test how it looks, the print turned out to be very nice but I steel liked the black&white more, I figure its because I work allot with 16mm and when I shoot super8 I like it to look like super 8 ?

I paid andec by credit card and there were very nice over all so I suppose every one can pay them via credit card.