Wanted crystal synch motor for Arri 16 S

Raul C Palma

• Premium Member
Hello,

I am looking for a crystal synch motor for my Arri 16S. Please let me know if anyone has one for sale or where I could purchase one. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Try Visual Products, and a place in New York called TCS. I have seen them at both of those places from time to time. Also, keep an eye on eBay. And write or call Clive Tobin. He has said in the past that if there is enough demand (in other words, enough people calling him asking for the motors), he would consider making up another batch of them.

Good Luck,

-Tim

Hello,

I am looking for a crystal synch motor for my Arri 16S. Please let me know if anyone has one for sale or where I could purchase one. Thanks in advance for all your help.

If you can connect of motor from russian 16 mm cine camera Kinor-16, I can propose of you many versions of modofocations of Kinro-16 motor on crystal sync motor with a few crystal sync speeds or with speed synthesizer 0.1, 0.01, 0.002 fps or with digital film counter and remote control.

What type of DC motor have Arri 16S camera ? This is rheostat control motor ?

• Premium Member

There is one on eBay right now:

Tobin Crystal Sync Motor for Arriflex 16S

This is not my auction and I cannot vouch for the quality of the motor. Just wanted to pass along its availability because I know they are getting rare and alot of folks are looking for them.

-Tim

I bought the last one of these directly from Clive. I did the "buy-it-now". If I remember correctly, I paid $600 or $650, just to give you an idea of a price range. It's a great motor.

But because they are no longer manufactured by him, and are hard to find, I would expect the price to go a little higher than what I paid. If not, I'd say its a good deal.