light a bus at night

Ram Shani

hi all

i am about to shoot a music video next week it on a bus at night

the bus will be in a studio with green screen at the background

that way we don't need to worry about traffic, movement of the bus and rig light.

i plan to shoot with sony970 or 790 with pro35 and a set of super speeds

my problem is how to light inside the bus to make it like the reel light

i am thinking to us 3 4bank kino but i think it will show on the long shoots

i need any tip any one who shoot on a bus

how much light the pro35 loos?

is there a way to change the light bulb inside the bus?

i plan to move same light outside to make passing light

i plan to shoot 1:2.35

thanks

Edited by Ram Shani

I don't know about Israeli buses, but in the UK they are usually lit with fluorescent tubes in recessed fittings. They'll most likely be a standard size for ease of replacement. It shouldn't be difficult to swap them out for tubes with a high CRI.

It's a toppy and not particularly flattering light. You'll probably need those kinos as well get your keylights coming from better angles.

I think you'll also have a few problems with the greenscreen reflecting on the interior of the bus. There's a lot of chrome, glass and shiny plastic in a bus...

Good Luck!

on the pic its day light scene (and not on my budget)

i know i can but i want it look like the light coming from the light in the bus

the thing that i most concern is the long shots of the people in the bus

so my main problem is to create top light for the bus interior

Is the bus destructible/disposable?

If so you could cut some holes in the cieling & roof and rig some par cans or something to shine directly down for some nice hot toplights. That way at least the lights themselves aren't visible for any long shots you might have planned.

Then, just throw in some fill from outside.

Kinos could easily be hidden in the interior of the bus if you removed them from their mount/barndoors. They make a special splitter for kinos so the headers cables are seperated at the ballast allowing you to place the bulbs far apart. I would not mess with the lights on the bus unless you know for a fact they don't flicker.

If it is a night scene, I'll be interested to know how you play carlights on the inside of the bus. Always a challange. I love the lighting in the LA metro- very blue, bright and alien.

Peace.

I would just beef up the lights already incorporated into the bus, and place a black backdrop outside, and CG in any cars, houses or people.

that's interested what do you mean "beef up" you mean i should use the available light ? the problem is i use pro35 with supper speed and it eat light so i don't know if the light on the bus will give me good exposure

i know the trick with the kinos and that's what i plan to do

its a new city bus so no holes or taking the Rufe

" place black backdrop" i never did that is it like green screen it will make my life much more easy

i just need to put city scape to make a filling the bus is moving at night in the city

the passing light will be on a doorway dolly and on a stand for street light moving