think you can win an oscar with super 8?

alfredoparra

It really shouldn't matter which format is used. Is the whole point of a OSCAR to award the best cnematography? Not to award the best cinematography which is conveinient for the Acaemy???

well im not here to argue against you but why does the film have to been in the film festival circut 2 years prior it the awards is about cine arts? they have these rules that filter out large numbers of film makers so when all said and done its the A-list actors that win! I think the acadamy awards is bullshit! But im still going for it!

well im not here to argue against you but why does the film have to been in the film festival circut 2 years prior it the awards is about cine arts? they have these rules that filter out large numbers of film makers so when all said and done its the A-list actors that win! I think the acadamy awards is bullshit! But im still going for it!

From what you just said there I would strongly agree. Why does there have to be so much corruption and elitise on this earth? Why do these organisations have to biased against the little guy?

Even the ASC, with it's "Distinguished credits in the industry" nonsense. How about "Rewarding high quality cinematography regardless of industry eminence".

Perhaps an award for junior cinematographers would be prudent, something to show that underage talent is apreciated, perhaps? :)

The day I win that award is the day Osama Bin Laden hands himself in at my local police station. :D

• Premium Member
you cant! super 8 is not an excepted format, must film on 16mm 35mm 70mm

oh well! who cares!

Actually, it is an "excepted" format. :D Every format except Super-8.

Apparently it's not an accepted format as well. I don't think the film acquistion format of super-8 would

be disqualified as long as it was either D.I.'d and then transfered to an accepted film or video format for viewing and judging.

• Site Sponsor

We have been seeing allot of S-8 optically blown up to 16mm from a few film people in Boston as of late, mostly blown up on a JK optical printer. We subsequently answer printed 3 films with S-8 blowups in them (16mm) I was very impressed with the look of this process. I think the S-8 for JFK and Natural Born killers were blown to 35mm optically by a firm in San Francisco (can't remember the name) but I could be wrong.

-Rob-