Something about the Super16 conversion of Eclair NPR?

Hau-Jou Chiou

Because the rollers and sprocket bear on the edge of the film opposite the perfs and could scratch it. This edge is outside the normal frame but is used by Super-16, so the parts must be modified so they no longer touch the film.

Well I dont know exactly about the Eclair NPR but when I converted my Eclair ACL I didnt have to also convert the MAGS...The pressure plate is Full Frame...a good and cheat way to change to super 16 is with Les Bosher in England.

Yeap Les told me the same thing for the NPR and the ACL, some technicians do change them you should talk to the tech that will do the conversion, but I take the word of Les Bosher he knows what he is doing

Best

If you want to see the end result check the pics on the previous thread that I posted about the NPR that les just converted

Edited by Martín Yernazian

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

i think i did not have the same kind of experience with Les Bosher.

He told me he would make a follow focus for me, so i should get some kinetals and 15mm rods.

After more than 1000 euros spent and a whole year calling him many times and waiting for an answer i you stopped bothering about it.

He even has a 37.5mm cooke lens of my own wich i asked many times to send and never got back.

He is that kind of man who says he can do anything but at last it is not true.

DON´T TRUST HIM

• Premium Member
Hi

i think i did not have the same kind of experience with Les Bosher.

He told me he would make a follow focus for me, so i should get some kinetals and 15mm rods.

After more than 1000 euros spent and a whole year calling him many times and waiting for an answer i you stopped bothering about it.

He even has a 37.5mm cooke lens of my own wich i asked many times to send and never got back.

He is that kind of man who says he can do anything but at last it is not true.

DON´T TRUST HIM

Hi,

IMHO Les is as trustworthy as you can get! I guess there is more to the story.........

Stephen

Stephen there are 2 avreavtion that you say all the time but I do not understand: what is FWIW, IMHO?

THANKS

Fulgencio, honestly I don't know what to tell you, teh guy was great with me never a problem, he took a while to respond, but nothing to serious, I was on his ass right away and he could not bare more than 2 phone calls every day....

The camera came back in great condition, so I feel for you man, if you want I could send him an email or something

Best

Hi Stephen

Maybe there is more to the story as you say.

but if there is i know nothing about this

all i know is what i told.

I had this problem years ago it is not something i´m angry about right now, so i´ve gone mad today.

i have checked my email box and last time i wrote him was

friday 25 march 2005

This was my last email, after calling him many,many times and sending him many emails.

fist time he told me about doing the follow focus was

Monday 1 July 2002

I keep all the email we sent.

I gues he has had time to answer back, or at least send my lens wich i bought from canada and sent to him.

In the relation we had i always paid him inmediatly, but suddenly this happened.

NO EXPLANATION, NO ANSWERS, NOTHING

I have not seen his face in my life, so please don´t think i have something personal against him.

Just i think i´m doing well telling others what happened to me

You can take the advise or not

that is up to you.

When this happened i was a boy trying to become a DOP

Now i´m an active member of AEC and IMAGO

I´m a professional, and do not waste my time making stories

What i said is completely true.

• Premium Member

Hi Fulgencio,

Telephone Les at the phone no listed on his site, I am sure he will sort out any problem.

Stephen

Hi Stephen

Maybe there is more to the story as you say.

but if there is i know nothing about this

all i know is what i told.

I had this problem years ago it is not something i´m angry about right now, so i´ve gone mad today.

i have checked my email box and last time i wrote him was

friday 25 march 2005

This was my last email, after calling him many,many times and sending him many emails.

fist time he told me about doing the follow focus was

Monday 1 July 2002

I keep all the email we sent.

I gues he has had time to answer back, or at least send my lens wich i bought from canada and sent to him.

In the relation we had i always paid him inmediatly, but suddenly this happened.

NO EXPLANATION, NO ANSWERS, NOTHING

I have not seen his face in my life, so please don´t think i have something personal against him.

Just i think i´m doing well telling others what happened to me

You can take the advise or not

that is up to you.

When this happened i was a boy trying to become a DOP

Now i´m an active member of AEC and IMAGO

I´m a professional, and do not waste my time making stories

What i said is completely true.