"Road" is finished

Nadav Hekselman

Okay , just finshed uploading the movie to myspace... you might remember the trailer but here is the finished and full version.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...ideoID=17314216

Im still working on different codecs for the myspace flick, maybe ill change it in the future but ill be happy for some critic in the meantime.

I'll add some more info soon too, gotta go now. I'm late to the theatre.

please, if you can, watch this on CRT and not LCD. :)

ohh.. and there is a small glitch in the begining, just ignore the first few frames... there is 5 seconds black also

Nadav.

Edited by Nadav Hekselman

Hi Nadav,

awsome job, very brutal, very intense. I'm impressed about your camera style. Very good work. Maybe you can post the cam, lenses you work with, budget etc.? This would be nice to know.

Cheers,

Alex

Thanks Alex,

About the specs...

I used a Sony Z1, with P+S techniks 35 minipro adapter. We had only 3 very old "Leica" prime lenses with us. They helped us in creating the rough and dirty look. The set contained a 20mm, 28mm and 50mm. Only once I used a 100mm lens for the group shot of the mobsters after the train goes by in the end scene.

I wanted to create the feeling of a very objective look, like an outsider looking at the scene in contrast to the entire movie use of wide lenses that gives the inside-the-scene feeling. when you see the short lens for the first time near the ending you know that something has changed, this marks for me the resolve for the conflict that leads to the ending. thats the only reason i used the short lens, but only once. (geez... that was heavy)

The budget for the production was 3000 euros... very little. we got some deals and help from university which saved us a lot of money so eventually we managed to pull it off.

• Premium Member

Nadav,

I actually watched this last night but had no time to post, very impressive work on all fronts, everything just gels together beautifully.

The performances were just perfect were they professional actors? Was it natural light throughout because you just can't tell?

I thought your camerawork had a great flow and rhythm which totally complimented the story.

But if i may say what impressed me the most was the editing, just superb!

Well done a very mature piece of work.

Kieran.

Excellent work Nadav, some really great visuals there. I especially liked a trucking in shot of the boy early on, good stuff!

But really, I wouldn't worry about finding a worthy codec for posting the entire film on MySpace. Any compression you do will ruin everything you shot. I think this film is definitely festival worthy, and so I hear, many festivals frown upon films that are posted entirely on the net.

You should cut together a really nice, intense and high energy trailer to post on the net that will get people interested. And keep submitting it to as many fests as you can!

good luck!

• Premium Member

I've always been a person who hasn't spoke very highly of digitally acquired shorts, as many times they are done by people who don't take the time to do things right. However, this is a breath of fresh air. From the beginning, I was already hooked. I dont have time right now to watch the whole thing, but the first five minutes were very engaging and professional. It made me realize that it's not the acquisition method that's important, it's the person behind the project. Great Work and definitely do the fest circuit.

hi

verry good as well

interesting point of view different from what we see from this part of the world.

at some points it reminded me "Cidade de Deus" did this film inspired you?

the moving hand was a little anoying in the dialogue in the couch and it will be even more anoying on a large screen.

but thumbs up sir