I am new here

Joseph Arch

Did they ever make a PAL version of the PXL2000? If so, you could shoot 25fps, deinterlace and transfer to 35mm 1:1.

Also, there is a mod where you can tap into the video circuitry and pull a composite signal, bypassing the on-board cassette deck. If you have a portable DV deck like a Sony GV-D900 you can record to DV!

I actually shoot pixelvision here in the u.k. and I can tell you that it's incredibly difficult.

There was never a PAL version of the pxl, If there was it would probably only be about 12 fps I imagine (remember the pxl is only 15fps normally).

I don't think the pxl 2000 is actually interlaced which might be one of the reasons people say it looks more filmic than a lot of video.

You can connect the pxl to NTSC camcorders that have analog in if you have the composite modification but you may also need a video amplifier between the composite out and the video camera as the pxl doesn't output very strong composite video. Depends on the DV camera etc. I'm toying with the idea of getting an american canon HV20 but I'm torn as obviously I'd like to shoot progressive on the canon too and thats going to be a lot less hastle in 25p than 24p. However I want the analogue in for my pxl! Decisions Decisions.

At the moment I either use the cassette (which is a different look, softer and more distorted) or I connect to an old powermac with analogue video ports.

I love the pxl so it's kind of a good example of what you are talking about in this thread. A lot of people think it gives filmic images and personally I'm not neccesarily chasing 4k image sensors etc. I just want to be happy for myself with what my video looks like. You see I'm thinking of getting a nice 1080p little camcorder and connect it to an old low resolution toy, so I guess that tells you how different people have different outlooks for what they want to achieve.

The pxl has been output to film before for Nadja. I expect they generate extra duplicate frames to make up the 15 to 24 fps difference.

love

Freya

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHAHA! Pixelvision! Check this out:

Then...

t_20263.jpg

See what I'm sayin? :lol:

Thomas, I'm definitely going to check this out! :)

I actually want to try c-mounts on my pxl as I have a set of cooke lenses in c-mount.

I love my pxl2000 but then I've not shot with any of the progressive camcorders out there yet!

love

Freya

I see what you're saying, running Mac OS X in emulation (a virtual machine), but why do this when you can just get a dual core Mac Mini and save the performance hit? Furthermore, that's probably not a good mission-critical solution. If you feel otherwise, please explain.

To me it is much more easier because I get to run FCP, Shake, Premier Pro and After Effects, Combustion. I can also run other programes you can't get on a mac. I don't like to work with MACs. Once something goes wrong you have to send it back and it could take weeks or worse months to fix. With a PC I can fix it my self. I also find it cheap more then a mac.

Nick is eating his own words right now with hard crusts. He laughed at me when I said I work with FCP in windows. :lol: what a douchebag

Edited by Joseph Arch

• Premium Member
People have been PMing me for advice on other things.

So you see, no one really cares what you think.

Actually, no one cares what you think. You were entertaining, now it's just stupid. You have nothing to contribute and you clearly have no knowledge or interest that pertains to this forum, which is cinematography. You are also wrong about the Apple repairs.

You aren't ever going to get the answer that you think exists, so leave.

Again, DVXUSER.com, check into it.

Someone close this thread! <_<