I am new here

Joseph Arch

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member
@ Brad

Why is it everyone is calm when addressing me but you want to be a degenerate prick.

You are a steadycam operator. That is all you will ever be.

I appriciate all the advice people have given me. If anyone has anymore, please add it.

Thanks

Yes, I'm "only" a degenerate prick steadicam operator earning a good living making films and television shows every day...unlike you. You're a know nothing wannabe that doesn't want to hear that he has some things to learn. Do you even know what steadicam is? Probably not since you can't even spell it. You come on this forum demanding to be told what to buy and telling everyone you know everything, but you're surprised when you're not met with smiles and perfect advice to your very broad and unanswerable question. You've made it very clear that you have no idea what you're talking about, and there is nothing inherently wrong with that if you've come here to learn, but you've come here with a lot of attitude and no desire to be respectful. Do you expect me and everyone else to kiss your ass when we try to help you and you act like an immature baby?

To my surprise people are still trying to help you, even after you've insulted them. That's a testament to the fact that there are a lot of very knowledgeable and nice people here. Unfortunately for you, I don't suffer fools easily. I made helpful posts to you on a couple of occasions and you still decided to act like a child. So I obviously won't be offering any more help or information to you, and I urge everyone else on the forum to stop helping you as well. You just don't deserve it.

You should do everyone a favor and just go away.

Yes.

Actually, the P+S Pro 35 is for 2/3" chip cameras which are outside of his budget. The adapter alone is close to $15k. He should be looking at the P+S Mini 35 adapter to use with an HVX, XLR, JVC or whatever else he wants to look at.

"Bearded-know-it-all" ?! LOL I really admire your patience and willingness to help in the face of that.

Cheers,

Paul

• Premium Member

You guys, please don't answer this kid anymore. Looks like someone that is trying to get you into a post war. I've seen this guy, or at least his twin, before.

"Joey", in the case you are real- you need a few 100 hours of reading (and classes if you can afford it) and practical experience on shorts and no budget indie sets before you'll understand why you are getting the reactions you are. You'll also have to adjust your attitude before getting into a project that involves other people. Personally, I'd not so much as let you fetch my tea.

I learned the hard way, like most, and am still learning everyday after about 7 years. Everyday I read one of a few cine magazines I get, this forum, industry news, go to NAB shows when they come, shoot projects, expose film whenever I can, shoot 24p projects for food and gas sometimes, etc, etc. Coming from photography really doesn't help you with what you are asking- this field is 1000 times more complex and involving.

Start with understanding the basics of post production and the media used in the areas you want to show in, and work backwards to get your answer.

dvxuser.com or maybe reduser.com is your place to play this one.

Did I just answer him too?! Someone please close this thread, quick! :blink:

Guest Tim Partridge
Do you even know what steadicam is? Probably not since you can't even spell it.

Hey, don't go bringing the end credits designer of BATMAN RETURNS into this.

Hey Brad, those Pixelvision are hardly a starting out camera any more, they were first retailed for a $100, now they can sell for 10 times that!

Ah looks like they've dropped in price a little - here's one for $205 on ebay.

I wonder if I could ever use one in a PAL country.

You are a steadycam operator. That is all you will ever be.

Hey it seems to me being a steadicam operator is pretty cool job: Good pay, independent, you get to manage your-self, always in demand, and also a creative and demanding job too!

Yes, I'm "only" a degenerate prick steadicam operator earning a good living making films and television shows every day...unlike you. You're a know nothing wannabe that doesn't want to hear that he has some things to learn. Do you even know what steadicam is? Probably not since you can't even spell it. You come on this forum demanding to be told what to buy and telling everyone you know everything, but you're surprised when you're not met with smiles and perfect advice to your very broad and unanswerable question. You've made it very clear that you have no idea what you're talking about, and there is nothing inherently wrong with that if you've come here to learn, but you've come here with a lot of attitude and no desire to be respectful. Do you expect me and everyone else to kiss your ass when we try to help you and you act like an immature baby?

To my surprise people are still trying to help you, even after you've insulted them. That's a testament to the fact that there are a lot of very knowledgeable and nice people here. Unfortunately for you, I don't suffer fools easily. I made helpful posts to you on a couple of occasions and you still decided to act like a child. So I obviously won't be offering any more help or information to you, and I urge everyone else on the forum to stop helping you as well. You just don't deserve it.

You should do everyone a favor and just go away.

Actually Brad, the only person I insulted was you. Because you decided to poke fun at me. You're a sensitive person. Don't hurt you're self. The Beard thing was a tongue-in-cheek.

As for everyone else. You can clearly see who started it, yet you still defend him.

I wonder if I could ever use one in a PAL country.

Did they ever make a PAL version of the PXL2000? If so, you could shoot 25fps, deinterlace and transfer to 35mm 1:1.

Also, there is a mod where you can tap into the video circuitry and pull a composite signal, bypassing the on-board cassette deck. If you have a portable DV deck like a Sony GV-D900 you can record to DV!

• Premium Member
You can clearly see who started it, yet you still defend him.

That's because I've been here for a long time and have 1600 posts and have a reputation for trying to help people and keep the board professional. You, on the other hand, have 12 posts, and you already have a reputation for being a know-it-all that doesn't want to listen to good advice.

Just because this is the internet doesn't mean that we don't know each other here. I have a good idea who all of the people that have posted in this thread are by their past behavior on this site. The only unknown poster is you. But we all tried to help you when you made your first post. What does it say about you that the thread has turned into what it has?

• Premium Member
Did they ever make a PAL version of the PXL2000? If so, you could shoot 25fps, deinterlace and transfer to 35mm 1:1.

Also, there is a mod where you can tap into the video circuitry and pull a composite signal, bypassing the on-board cassette deck. If you have a portable DV deck like a Sony GV-D900 you can record to DV!

I shot a short like that a couple years ago. It was....eh...interesting.

Whats the best programe to deinterlace a video? I use VirtualDub but I don't think it's that good.

VirtualDub can do an excellent deinterlace when used with Avisynth.

After Effects can do a decent deinterlace now (finally) as of version 7 (or is it CS3?) with the new "preserve edges" option.

FCP can run on the PC along with Premier Pro. You need VM workstation and tiger osx10. You also need 4GB of RAM and a dual-core processor.

As for After Effects CS3 statement, I was answering Thomas who said he didn't know if it was called After Effects 7 or CS3.

Seriously Nick, you have no idea the things I know and can do. Because I do not know cinematography does not mean I don't have other skills in film.

Edited by Joseph Arch

FCP can run on the PC along with Premier Pro. You need VM workstation and tiger osx10. You also need 4GB of RAM and a dual-core processor.

I see what you're saying, running Mac OS X in emulation (a virtual machine), but why do this when you can just get a dual core Mac Mini and save the performance hit? Furthermore, that's probably not a good mission-critical solution. If you feel otherwise, please explain.

Thanks for the tip on AE. It took Adobe long enough to get a proper deinterlacer.