A 1 film lab is closed

I guess if you just stick with small interior locations and outdoors during daylight you're in the safe zone. For that matter you could probably get a similar look if you used 7245 and had all daylight balanced lights indoors (i.e. Kinoflows, etc). Here you have 50 asa with T-grain, it probably would look as good as the ECO. I remember back in the filmschool days I had my magic marriage, 7245 outdoors, 7248 indoors, and if things got really bad then 7293. It worked wonderfully.

Fuji had a 64T stock. 'Kissed' 1996 was shot with it & 64T. The 35mm print was damnear grainless & seemed as sharp as an older 35mm film. But that stock didn't last long. Apparently not enough cameramen wanted to use anything slower than 100T.

Don't forget 'The Ten Commandments' was shot on a 25T stock & probaly never opened wider than T4.

I still can't imagine the pain that ASA 25 film would require. You've got this small 16mm camera shooting and 5K lights standing with a ton of gennies running, lol. Outside of Texas Chainsaw, I'm curious, are there any other ECO features that have made a big splash, or was it just low budget exploitation stuff?

Woodstock was shot in ECO 7255. From the beginning they intended a 70mm blowup (!) and they got it. Not bad looking either.

http://www.alvinlee.de/page17/garden98.htm

Fuji had a 64T stock. 'Kissed' 1996 was shot with it & 64T. The 35mm print was damnear grainless & seemed as sharp as an older 35mm film. But that stock didn't last long. Apparently not enough cameramen wanted to use anything slower than 100T.

Don't forget 'The Ten Commandments' was shot on a 25T stock & probaly never opened wider than T4.

I used to like shooting 16mm commercials on 7245 whenever possible, even though did involve using CTB on the lights. With sharp primes and a good TK it looked nearly like 35mm.

Woodstock was shot in ECO 7255. From the beginning they intended a 70mm blowup (!) and they got it. Not bad looking either.

http://www.alvinlee.de/page17/garden98.htm

That article ignores the intermediate stage, that the 16mm was printed onto a Techniscope I/N.

& there was some EF used. Of course the American Cinematographer issue is not on-line.

'Pink Flamingos' was shot on 7255 and some EF. The blow up is awful, washed out and a bit grainy. But the 25th Anniversary version has Waters introducing new blow ups of deleted scenes. They're look so much better than the original blow up, good tones, grainless.

Compare that to 'Female Trouble', 'Desparate Living' and 'Romero's 'Martin', all mostly on 7252.

Quite sharp and fine grained, except for an occasional EF/VNF section.

Freddy will be Back!

Gentleman I spoke to A-1 Freddy this week and he told me that he will be working at Deluxe Labs new state of the art facility in NYC. The Lab should be ready to process film in 30 days or so and the Post production facility should be full uo in 60 days or so.