battlestar galactica

Chris Burke

has Scifi.com stopped streaming the episodes? Or were they only going to stream a certain amount? I don't have cable so was relying on the internet. Does anyone know of where I can catch current episodes online? I have done a preliminary search which has yielded no fruit.

Edited by Chris Burke

• Premium Member

I am in the same boat; no cable.

There were a few less than legal sites around for pirating, but the quality is pretty bad. So far as I know BSG should still be streaming, though I had missed ALL of season 4, so that may've changed.

I am in the same boat; no cable.

There were a few less than legal sites around for pirating, but the quality is pretty bad. So far as I know BSG should still be streaming, though I had missed ALL of season 4, so that may've changed.

THey streamed the all of them up until Sine Qua Non. They don't have it on iTunes any more also. What's up Sci Fi?

• Premium Member

I think that, in the usual style of today's television attitude, they pulled all efforts to promote the show on TV and on line in any resonable way (other than DVD sales) once they decided to cancel it and put that out into public.

After all, why use up bandwith and storage (which are cost factors) if no new viewers can be acquired, and fans will buy 2 or 3 different DVD editions they will eventually make, anyhow (I call that the "Lucas Way of the Force"... put it out and they will come... this guy could sell the "Original Trilogy" on VHS all over again, maybe even on Betamax for some Japanese vintage Betamax otakus)

My understanding was that show was always going to be 4 seasons long and was written that way from the beginning. I dont think Sci Fi network would can the biggest hit they've had and a critical success to boot. I don't think an episode has been broadcast in the US for the last couple of weeks which would explain why it isn't online but it did screen in the UK which is why some people have seen episode eight. I might be wrong about this. Great series and looks to be building to a big conclusion, its worth a thread on its own.

• Premium Member

i'm not sure about sci-fi.com but I know NBC pulled most of it's shows off of iTunes after the strike. I downloaded all 3 previous season's on iTunes and planned on doing it again, but iTunes removed it. I heard you can download the new season on Amazon Unbox.... but I have a Mac and it's only for PC. So i didn't check it out.

• Premium Member

Wasn't the NBC pull-out from iTunes related to disputes with Steve Jobs in respect to variable pricing, which Apple opposed?

My understanding was that show was always going to be 4 seasons long.

Oh, I was unaware of that, especially as there were debates about how do develop the story arcs over a longer-term future at the change from season 2 to 3. Based on what I gathered, they had to shorten that again when it became clear the series would not be renewed for a fifth season...

Maybe it's one of those retcon statements, à la "The Matrix was always intended to be a trilogy"... yeah, right! :rolleyes: