Konvas 1M vs 2M

hmc4me

Hi I have a few questions.

What is the main difference between the 1M and 2M?

I've been to commiecam.com and I see all the info but the main thing I want to know is can you use 1m parts on a 2m. I've been looking on ebay and I kind of like both of these cameras. I can pick up a 1m for around $1000. Not bad.

If I purchase a 1m and then want to purchase a 2m will parts from the 1m work on the 2m such as lense, mag's, internal parts, batterys, charger?

Is the loading for a 1m and 2 m the same or will I have to learn differnt ways?

I'm moving from super 8 and was going to go with 16mm but I can shoot shortends of 35 for about the same as new 16mm. I'm not an advanced cinematographer and just want to shoot MOS and don't need all kinds of features but I like the thought of using 35mm.

Thanks for any info you can give me.

Anthony Collins

Pay carfull attention to which motor you get. The 12v crystal motors (17ep) are much better than the other motors which need to have a big power supply attached to them. Some older cameras have mirrored plexiglass shutters which are inferior to the glass ones.

Good Luck

Matt

www.fuzby.com

60m and 150m magazine have diffirent ways to charge.

in 60 emulsion must be up. (actually I forgot how to charge it)

dont buy 1m, lenses are very bad.

arround 1000 you can buy new (modificated) convas. with claw and video assist.

look at kinor its very good and cheap camera.

convas is 58db its too gainy.

Guest dpforum1968

I have the 1M and used it on dozens of shoots with great success! The picture is fantastic. And why wouldn't it be? I'm using the same film stock and transfer technology.

Mine came from a US DP who kept it in perfect condition and it's one of the very latest ones built, you can tell by how new it looks.

I love the turret lens system, quick change and no re-mounting of the next lens.

Some of the lenses can be bad, the 30mm mine came with produces a great picture. But mostly I use the new Arsat lenses I bought for it.

DC

• 2 weeks later...
of course, but I dont know number or place. I will ask about it.

what you need exactly ?

Hi

I would like to see if I can get it setup for super35.

I know there is a super35 gate available, but there must still be some modifation done to the gate and the viewfinder I suppose...

Different groundglasses?

All the best

Marcel

I am looking for a good MOS camera. I am considering an Arri II or one of these 2m?s.

I know I can convert the Arri to a PL but the 2m is somewhat cheaper. :)

Would it be possible to convert the 2m Konvas mount to PL mount?

If so, does anyone know of where you can have this done?

If this cannot be done, then how good is the Russian glass that is available?

Guest DEMUTIGER
I am looking for a good MOS camera. I am considering an Arri II or one of these 2m?s.

I know I can convert the Arri to a PL but the 2m is somewhat cheaper. :)

Would it be possible to convert the 2m Konvas mount to PL mount?

If so, does anyone know of where you can have this done?

If this cannot be done, then how good is the Russian glass that is available?

Yes, you can convert the 2m to PL mount. In fact it's simply an interchangable mount, swappable in 5 minutes. I've found the Russian LOMO and EKRAN optics quite good and on par with older Zeiss standard and super speed primes.

Ian Dudley

• 4 months later...
Yes, you can convert the 2m to PL mount. In fact it's simply an interchangable mount, swappable in 5 minutes.  I've found the Russian LOMO and EKRAN optics quite good and on par with older Zeiss standard and super speed primes.

Ian Dudley

Yes, You can convert a Konvas-2M to Pl mount, but, this is not easy procedure.

From one side, this is very easy, you need unscrew a 3 screws, take away OST-19-144 lens mount and set Arri PL and set screews.

But, I'm camera and optical mechanician and can confirm, You forget a very important procedure - check and adjust of flange focal distance of lens mount.

The precision of set a flange focal distance must be +/- 0.01 mm, and this is too high precision. You will need special mechanical and optical tools, collimator for this.

Any procedure with body and lens mount of camera must be with test and adjust a flange focal distance of camera, focusing screen.

I hope, you will need sharpness images at film, that's why you need do this.

That's why, the procedure of change a lens mount must do a camera mechanisian with experience and special mechanical and optical tools.

Olexandr

olex@a-teleport.com

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jbkfilm
Hi 435.

Is there any camera place in Moscow doing modifications on the 2M?

If so can you provide telephone or email. Thanks.

Marcel

I do some modifications like a video tap or follow focus.

Let me know if I can help.

Jerry

:)