Baracka in 70mm!

For those interested, Ebertfest '09 will culminate with a screening of Baracka, in its intended format! It'll be screened at the Virginia Theatre in Champaign, IL. I've been in the projector booth when they showed Hamlet in 70mm, and it's a top notch set up: Dual Norelco DP70s, run by one of the best projectionists still working. You can find more info below. Tickets go on sale in April. I'll be there, and hopefully you will too!

ebertfest.com

Brian Rose

• Premium Member
For those interested, Ebertfest '09 will culminate with a screening of Baracka, in its intended format! It'll be screened at the Virginia Theatre in Champaign, IL. I've been in the projector booth when they showed Hamlet in 70mm, and it's a top notch set up: Dual Norelco DP70s, run by one of the best projectionists still working. You can find more info below. Tickets go on sale in April. I'll be there, and hopefully you will too!

ebertfest.com

Brian Rose

Wow. I'm a bit jealous that I'm too far to come see it.

• Premium Member

I always wind up crying at that part. It's really effective.

It's films like this and the Sqatsis, I think, which really show how powerful film(s) can be at least for me. In fact, when I first saw Kooyannisqatsi (spelling?) my freshman year in films school, I decided, well, I wanted to move into being a DP.