fuji reala 500D?

brian hendry

• Premium Member

Please consider the use of the new Kodak VISION2 250D Color Negative Film 5205/7205, as it works very well with underexposure and/or mixed lighting, as demonstrated by Allen Daviau in his testing:

http://www.kodak.com/US/en/motion/products...1.4.4.4.4&lc=en

http://www.kodak.com/US/en/motion/v2/5205/vision2.jhtml

Edited by John_P_Pytlak

I shot a couple of rolls of the Fuji Reala as a test in low, mixed lighting, which included, chiefly, a city street, lined with shops, after dark. Every shop emiting different light levels / colour temperature. I was shooting std.16mm. I have to say I was impressed with the low level of grain, and in particular the ability to cope with the multitude of different light sources - the results looked superb and I think you would have to try hard to expose such a stock wrongly. Ideal for shooting "off the hip".

I think that the Kodak 7218 is worth a good look - I'm just waiting for some of this back from telecine - but in Super8.

Have fun

Matt

I shot a few rolls of that stuff, it seemed a tad grainy but color reproduction is very nice, and just slightly muted (the way I like it). I find 7218 to be a great stock as well, great grain structure, but I'm not crazy about its color reproduction...too saturated for my taste, and most shoots I do have no D.I money so I don't usually use it unless I have to. I also recently shot a film on 7229, and I really liked the stock, it seems to be less saturated than 7218. I did push it 1 and it was grain city, but actually worked great with the scene so I got no complaints :D

Edited by DavidSloan

• 9 years later...
  • 1 month later...