DP with a HPX170+35mm adapter needed for a Feature Film

Hi,

We need a young and talented DP recruited for an independent featue film which will be shot mainly in Turkey.

Those young and talented DP's who have their own HPX170 and 35 mm adapter kit are welcome to reply this post.

Regards.

• Premium Member

I haven't got a HPX, but I have an EX1 and Lens adapter (Letus Extreme) with lenses and I've shot over-seas before in Africa and Europe. Please feel free to have a look at my website, http://www.adriansierkowski.com which contains my reel as well as my resume. If you'd like to speak more, i'd be delighted.

Hi,

We need a young and talented DP recruited for an independent featue film which will be shot mainly in Turkey.

Those young and talented DP's who have their own HPX170 and 35 mm adapter kit are welcome to reply this post.

Regards.

could you please give some more info?

I haven't got a HPX, but I have an EX1 and Lens adapter (Letus Extreme) with lenses and I've shot over-seas before in Africa and Europe. Please feel free to have a look at my website, http://www.adriansierkowski.com which contains my reel as well as my resume. If you'd like to speak more, i'd be delighted.

Thanks Adrian for your interest.

But AVCHD isn't the format that we would like to shoot.

the ex 1 isn't avchd for the record but the hpx is. I am assyming you mean you do want avchd just wanted to clear that up for other. good luck to all of you.

For the record:) I shot some footage recently with the HPX170 and it records into the DVCproHD codec.

Guest Nolan Wang
Hi,

Regards.

Hey. I have an panasonic HVX200 which is almost the same camera as the panasonic HPX170. no adapter kit though, but have used them many times and could probably get a good deal from a rental house or a friend. check out my reel http://www.thelandofno.com/cinereel.htm

thanks

Nolan Wang

emailnolan@gmail.com

I wonder what's taking priority: The DP's talent, expertise and skill as demonstrated by his/her reel and past experience, or the type of prosumer cam he/she shelled out a few grand for a while back.

(just going by the evidence in this thread, I'd have to say, yes, the gear, not the person).

:huh:

-DW

I wonder what's taking priority: The DP's talent, expertise and skill as demonstrated by his/her reel and past experience, or the type of prosumer cam he/she shelled out a few grand for a while back.

(just going by the evidence in this thread, I'd have to say, yes, the gear, not the person).

:huh:

-DW

Dear Daniel.

Of course talent is the priority of us. We have met many talented DP's so far but most of them were in love with stock films. However, we would like to shoot this film in HD format.

This is why we just would like to hire a talented DP with such an equipment. We presume that there are many many talented and visionary DP's out there who may have the equipment and have faith in the future of digital filmmaking.

Any objection to that?

• Premium Member

None @ all, but I think the point is that there is a lot less difference between an HVX, HPX, PMWEX, Z1U than there is the "bigger" cameras.

not to say that they are the same, surely they aren't; but when you're throwing a lens adapter on the front of 'em, you can accomplish very similar things between them than between them an say an F900, SR3, 435, etc.