how to deal with 5600k and 3200k

Hi guys!

soon I will be shooting at this location with sony EX3 camcorder... do you guys have any idea how to deal with the differences of the lights... Indoor and out door... should i change all indoor lights to 5600k??

thanks for any suggestion!

kron

• Premium Member

It would probably be easier and cheaper to just gel the window with full CTO, or maybe just 1/2 or 3/4 for a little bit of chromatic seperation (a little blue outside) and balance the EX3 to around 2700-3000K to deal with the indoor incandescent, which probably aren't a full/real 3200K.

That's how I'd deal with it.

thank you Adrian for the fast reply i just ask for the producer if its possible to do that

regards

kron

It would probably be easier and cheaper to just gel the window with full CTO, or maybe just 1/2 or 3/4 for a little bit of chromatic seperation (a little blue outside) and balance the EX3 to around 2700-3000K to deal with the indoor incandescent, which probably aren't a full/real 3200K.

i feel that flv lights will be cheaper

and then having a section of the house lit with tungsten lights will add the warm tones which might look good

just keep a minus green handy if u use flv

try making soft boxes and hanging them in the house

I agree with this approach, but balancing the EX as low as 2700k will introduce considerable noise in the blue channel. To be a bit more forgiving, I'd use daylight photofloods or high CRI CFLS, like the <95CRI lamps made by Lowel.