New Red Blog

Leandro Marini

Hi fellow red users.

I've started a blog about everything RED and Digital Cinema in general. As i state on my blog, all day ever day as a DI producer i answer questions about what DI is and why to go Red ( which i support wholeheartedly ).

I'm giving "squarespace" a try, lets see how well it holds up.

Come ask a question or tell me anything you feel like over at

localheropost.squarespace.com

• Premium Member
Actually, Leandro's new site is quite informative. Sign me up.

I would agree,whether we like it or not the Red's with us,warts and all,and quite a lot of us will have to use it at some point,so anything

that helps in achieving a better image and avoiding the many pitfalls with this camera is welcome.

I've just finished a 10 day shoot with the Red,and I'm currently shooting a commercial on it,images are looking good,but it's almost like you have to fight with the camera to get them. Not an easy camera to use IMHO,although it's real easy to get poop out of it.

Tom.

but it's almost like you have to fight with the camera to get them.

AGREED. Though i hep people get better images out of the red, I feel like I've never had to be so damn careful with is or I've never been such a slave to what "the camera wants" ( 5600k light, small dynamic range ). Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?

Regardless, if people are shooting it, I feel its my responsability to try to help avoid pitfalls.

Leandro

• Premium Member
Hi fellow red users.

I've started a blog about everything RED and Digital Cinema in general. As i state on my blog, all day ever day as a DI producer i answer questions about what DI is and why to go Red ( which i support wholeheartedly ).

I'm giving "squarespace" a try, lets see how well it holds up.

Come ask a question or tell me anything you feel like over at

localheropost.squarespace.com

Leandro, how does one get a username and password to sign-up?

Thanks much :).

You know, I'm getting that question a lot. There seems to be some confusion out there about what a blog is. its not a forum ( like this site is ), you don't need to login to my blog. You can post a comment or ask a question under each of the postings.

Also, you can reach me directly at leandro@localheropost.com if you like.