Bargers and Woodylights

• Premium Member

Started shooting the second season of "United States of Tara" -- I found the little Woodylights so useful on the last show that I'm using them again. They are similar to Lowel Rifa lights, but more flexible -- you can switch between four 250w bulbs or one 1K EGT globe, and there is a dimmer knob on the back. The Chimera in front is around a 24x36 size.

For larger rooms though I was thinking that a beefier version with more output would be useful, so the Barger Baglite (I think it has six 650w globes) seemed like a good idea to try out and I'm loving it as well. It has a larger Chimera in front and I often put a 6x6 frame of diffusion in front of it.

Between the Woodylights and the Bargers, it's much faster to light scenes on stage.

I'm also still bouncing Source-4's around into cards and whatnot.

I posted awhile back asking if anyone had ever used the Barger lights before. I'm glad to hear that they work great as they definitely seemed like they would work really well, especially in confined areas.

Also after Jayson posted about the Woodylights I've heard other DP's saying great things about them. It's good to know that you don't have to pay a lot of money to get top of the line lights when these two brands work just as good, if not better than the other names.

• Premium Member
can someone post a link to a Woodylight. I haven't used or seen them yet. Unless I know them by a different name. Google search shows nothing.

Hi Tim,

I think there are pics in Box' Set Lighting Technician in case you have a copy on hand...

Cheers, Dave

I have one somewhere. I have to find it. I don't recall reading about it in the past but that is not to say it is not in there. I either missed it or just forgot about it.

Best

Tim

Hi Tim,

I think there are pics in Box' Set Lighting Technician in case you have a copy on hand...

Cheers, Dave